Toronto St Lawrence Condos at 158 Front | 91.44m | 26s | Cityzen | a—A

Apparently now "St. Lawrence Condominiums". Signs with new branding now on-site.

http://thestlawrence.ca/
This is their third name, 154 Front, 158 Front and now this. The sales would appear not to have gone well and the rumoured sales office on North side of Front between George and Frederick never opened. Does the new name mean they are changing the kind of building or types of units? Of course, it's the same folk who screwed up building the still unfinished L Tower.....

This is their third name, 154 Front, 158 Front and now this. The sales would appear not to have gone well and the rumoured sales office on North side of Front between George and Frederick never opened. Does the new name mean they are changing the kind of building or types of units? Of course, it's the same folk who screwed up building the still unfinished L Tower.....

Yeah, I had a good chuckle when I clicked on about the builder, and one of the buildings they were bragging about was the L Tower. That building is pretty infamous already, even among the general public.

The building appears to be the same, at least when looking at the renderings on the new website. There are now signs in the window of the future sales office (as you said, north side of Front between George and Frederick) indicating it will open "this summer".

That is usually true, but doesn't apply in this case. The number 5 in Chinese sounds phonetically like the same word for "not". So together with the number 8 and in that sequence (158 Front), it sounds like "one, not prosperous". Making it also counterproductive.

Called it a while ago that the previous branding would flop.

They applied for a shoring and excavation permit for 'soil remediation". It was refused, the site plan is still not agreed to.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Refusal Notice

TORONTO ON M5A 1E5

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 16 252254 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Nov 17, 2016

Project: Other Shoring

Description: Stand alone excavation and shoring for soil remediation purposes. New address - 158 Front St E.

BA Zoning Review Nov 22, 2016 Closed
BA Code Review Pt3 Dec 6, 2016 Refusal Notice
Code 3 Chan, Peter

I don't think it's a good sign if your promotional video contains a blatant misspelling.

Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 11.08.17 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 11.08.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 11.08.17 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 338
Good find! I see there is also a Cantonese version of the video (at
) Even with this the sales are clearly not going well - though the car park does well!

Hello everyone. Just wanted to ask if somebody knows when Citizen will start actual construction of St. Lawrence condos? Thanks.

I thought sales were good once they had their second launch? I'm not sure what's holding up digging though. I saw a posting at a realtor window selling a 23rd floor unit, which I thought was illegal to do? I thought you can't sell before occupancy/close?

Back