Toronto Smart House | 82.6m | 25s | Urban Capital | a—A

At least it's so close to University that it doesn't kill too much of the vibrant street presence of Queen West. Any further west and it would be taking away from the street much more.

http://www.ward20.ca/events_article.php?article=987

219 Queen St W Community Planning Meeting

Date: March 26 2012
Time: 7:00 - 9:00 pm

The City is holding a Community Consultation meeting where you can learn more about this application ask questions and share your comments.

Details are as follows:
Date: Monday March 26, 2012
Time: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Place: Committee Room #3, 2nd Floor
City Hall, 100 Queen Street West

Proposal:
This application proposes a 24-storey mixed use building, which would contain 212 residential dwelling units, 958 square metres of office space, and 294 square metres of retail space at 219 Queen Street West. A total of 67 parking spaces are proposed in 4 levels of below grade parking.

You can view a copy of the Preliminary Report providing background information at:
http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2012.TE12.46

To speak to the planner directly, contact Marian Prejel, at (416) 392-9337 or mprejel@toronto.ca.
You may also contact Councillor Adam Vaughan, Ward 20, at (416) 392-4042 or councillor_vaughan@toronto.ca.
You may mail your comments to the planner at Toronto and East York District, 100 Queen St W Floor 18 E Toronto On, M5H 2N2.

Okay that's really cool looking. Bravo aA.. a design!

I'm still nervous about the podium that will most likely be a bland stretch of street.

Last edited:
How does this proposal represent over-development for the site? Isn't the office tower across the street just as massive?

Urbanation is tweeting that 219 Queen Street West was purchased by Urban Capital.

"Urban Capital purchases 219 Queen St W, west of Simcoe St for $14.7 million - A new development to come?"

Urban Capital has a great looking portfolio, so I would say this is great news.

Nice, I quite enjoy Urban Capital's portfolio. They work well with local firms, and even brought in S+P for River City. Good prospects design wise, but the biggest hurdle remains to be the challenge of gaining development approval for this site.

I am hoping this site will be used for office instead of residential myself. Something similar to scale with Canada Life by KPMB across the street.

AoD

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 13 206993 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Jul 19, 2013

Project: First Party New

Description: In conjunction with a new condo developer, to erect and display two non-illuminated development ground signs. **Smart House**

Interested to know who this 'new condo developer' is. The loss of Urban Capital here is really a shame. Hopefully new developer does not mean new architect.

Isn't Urban Capital just putting up signs for their Smart House project? They just purchased it recently. Did they unload it that quickly to another developer? That's really odd.

With application recognition and branding in play, it appears Urban Capital already has the proposal and design set up. Prefer aA, but my guess would be Core considering UC's long partnership with the firm.

1-2 floors of retail fronting Queen should be a must, hopefully with allowance for eateries. It's a shame Momofuku is situated inside the Shangri-La. After visiting their NY East Village last summer, I've always felt their brand is more suited for an urban retail main street like QW.

Back