News   Apr 23, 2024
 157     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 313     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 536     0 

Toronto skyline

Ah, yes. The last three photos (plus everything Jasonzed has added)...exceptional! People can debate for years about what "world class" means. But really, all they need to do is show some of these skyline shots and the argument is settled. This is a world class city, with the world class skyline to prove it!

this is amazing and beautiful view of CN tower at night..it looks so marvelous.this structure is so beautifully created and lights enhance its beauty...
toronto.jpg

Attachments

• toronto.jpg
    toronto.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 2,273
Ah, yes. The last three photos (plus everything Jasonzed has added)...exceptional! People can debate for years about what "world class" means. But really, all they need to do is show some of these skyline shots and the argument is settled. This is a world class city, with the world class skyline to prove it!

It depends which skyline you're referring to. Toronto has many clusters of what could be considered their own skylines. The CBD, shown in the last two photos is quite beautiful, however, the view from the southwest (where the last shot was taken) looks terrible now thanks to CityPlace. It looked much cleaner and pristine 20 years ago. Pretty much, once one leaves the CBD, our skyline is really mundane (even awful). Yonge and Bloor looks terrible, but One Bloor East is making a big difference. Southcore is also really monotonous with almost every development being twin or triplet glass towers. Ice probably the only exceptional development in that region.

Last edited:
In my opinion the Polson pier skyline view is one of the least attractive view points. This may change in the coming years with all the proposals East of Yonge but as of now I find it unfortunately that promotional material and media rely heavily on this (easy to get to) location for their skyline view fix.

Views form the Island, West end, and North are much nicer.

In my opinion the Polson pier skyline view is one of the least attractive view points. This may change in the coming years with all the proposals East of Yonge but as of now I find it unfortunately that promotional material and media rely heavily on this (easy to get to) location for their skyline view fix.

Views form the Island, West end, and North are much nicer.

I would have disagreed with up until 7:44 PM on Wednesday. Being from the East end, I've always liked that view (polson pier), and watching it morph in the past decades made me appreciate it more but, nopacnone's photo from the West side is awesome.

Like you said, we'll have to wait and see how east of Yonge develops, but that western view is now my favourite, hands down.

on the remote chance that anyone is still interested, here's the answer...

this mural is on the sun lever plant overlooking the #GardinerEast ramps to the DVP

while the mural is viewed looking east, i think it gives a good depiction of the toronto skyline looking west from that location

Yep, I was thinking that. It's been there for years. I used to look at it as a kid when my Dad would pull onto the DVP north.

I love that shot from Liberty Village (I believe). It's stunning.

As for cluster angles, I'll take an east-facing view any day. I love the shots Razz puts up from the Distillery, but there's something about the expanse of the east-facing view that I love. It makes the city look bigger than it is.

The south-facing shots from St. Claire are great too.

Back