News   Apr 24, 2024
 287     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 612     0 

Toronto skyline

South of Queen's Park
y4NxBms.jpg

FZAnZC0.jpg

I was at an Indigo bookstore earlier today, and was a little disappointed to see how some of the books about Toronto have really outdated photos of the city. Especially this one, where the pictures are probably at least 10 or 15 years old. It's amazing how much things the city has changed over the years.

32097147476_5cea70c1c4_c.jpg

I remember when Simcoe Place was going up, it was exciting to see the addition of a major highrise on the skyline. The Globe even had a weekly play by play of construction progress.

I was at an Indigo bookstore earlier today, and was a little disappointed to see how some of the books about Toronto have really outdated photos of the city. Especially this one, where the pictures are probably at least 10 or 15 years old. It's amazing how much things the city has changed over the years.

32097147476_5cea70c1c4_c.jpg

Those are the views of my teen years. They really don't exist any more. It is jarring to see how full the railways lands are today in comparison with the western view here.

Those are the views of my teen years. They really don't exist any more. It is jarring to see how full the railways lands are today in comparison with the western view here.

It is also amazing to think that so many people in Toronto are actually upset at the "wall of condos" that was built on these lands. Even when I first moved to Toronto in 2008, a lot of space existed, and, despite some towers falling short of architectural hopes, I think the city is so much more interesting and complete with these open spaces filled in with residents.

Back