Toronto River City Condos Phase 3 | 99.66m | 29s | Urban Capital | Saucier + Perrotte

Things are getting very exciting around here! There's a buzz in the air.

The architects S+P are coming to present at a River City Tonight!

The Media will be here!

The dog pee stains have Finally been cleaned off of our entrance wall!

The sidewalks are being swept!

The floor mats are being vacuumed!

Woo Hoo!

Coincidences?

No doubt construction fatigue would be something to deal with for residents of Phase One, but sadly not unique to you: the condo boom has led to unending construction in many parts of this town. With Phase Two topping off, here's hoping you get some peace soon, and the finishing touches put to your amenities.

In the meantime, to go along with the Phase 3 launch, here's our coverage of the event.

I'm sure the developers have good reasons, but wouldn't it make more sense for the jagged side (with terraces) to face the park, rather than the busy road? This would also provide set backs from the park, minimizing shadowing on the park, etc. I've also noticed other recent buildings where the terraced side faces north, but I don't understand why.

No because just beyond the busy road is the Lake with southern exposure

The jagged balcony side faces northwest. It looks like it may point right at 11 Wellesley

Take a look at the last slide in the WT pdf I42 provided in post #60.

That rendering also makes River City appear like a gateway into the city. Could be a popular photo once built.

The jagged balcony side faces northwest. It looks like it may point right at 11 Wellesley

Take a look at the last slide in the WT pdf I42 provided in post #60.

That rendering also makes River City appear like a gateway into the city. Could be a popular photo once built.

It really does look like a gateway, and its prominence should really help distract people from the blandness of the rest of the district. It showcases the east entrance to the city, beautifully framing the skyline with a striking and distinct design that will be noticed by even the uninitiated. Hopefully the unique and striking design presented here will inspire other developers and architectural firms to up their game a bit, because while there's plenty of good stuff being churned out by our local firms, a lot of recent designs show some signs of complacency.

210 EASTERN AVE
Ward 28 - Tor & E.York District

To obtain site plan approval for the construction of a 29 storey mixed use condo building containing 333 residential dwelling units, 172 below grade parking spaces of which 153 parking spaces are for residential use, and 19 parking spaces are for visitor use.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 14 195688 STE 28 SA Jul 23, 2014 Under Review

The Civic address (clearly needing revision) for this site is 210 Eastern Avenue.

210 EASTERN AVE
Ward 28 - Tor & E.York District

To obtain site plan approval for the construction of a 29 storey mixed use condo building containing 333 residential dwelling units, 172 below grade parking spaces of which 153 parking spaces are for residential use, and 19 parking spaces are for visitor use.

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys 29 # of Units 333

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status

Site Plan Approval 14 195688 STE 28 SA Jul 23, 2014 Under Review

Contact Information Meeting Dates
Sipo Maphangoh
Planner
416-338-5747
smaphan@toronto.ca No meetings currently scheduled.

RiverCityPhase3_Rendering2-1024x705.jpg

http://news.buzzbuzzhome.com/2014/08/river-city-3-design-talent.html

Attachments

• RiverCityPhase3_Rendering2-1024x705.jpg
    RiverCityPhase3_Rendering2-1024x705.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,285
That's a very cool green roof and pool! Thankfully they do have a pool so that when the cooling systems fail and there is no A/C in your unit (like what happens all the time in Phase 1!) then you have somewhere to cool off.

They also don't show all the party people in the renderings. We got to know a few great people in Corktown and they said they didn't really want to say anything, but River City is known to locals as "The Frat House". Our hearts sank, but then again, it's no surprise to us, just not anything we signed up for :(

I saw the pool area when I was at River City. I guess I can see the frat vibe. But I see that at every outdoor condo pool in the city.

X Condos, Thompson, Fashion House, 33 Mill Street, etc. I'd hate to have a unit that overlooked any outdoor pool or amenity space. The noise in the warm months can be pretty bad.

That's a very cool green roof and pool! Thankfully they do have a pool so that when the cooling systems fail and there is no A/C in your unit (like what happens all the time in Phase 1!) then you have somewhere to cool off.

They also don't show all the party people in the renderings. We got to know a few great people in Corktown and they said they didn't really want to say anything, but River City is known to locals as "The Frat House". Our hearts sank, but then again, it's no surprise to us, just not anything we signed up for :(

Too bad it's just another pool to just sit in and look cool. With all that room up there they could have actually made it a 'swimming pool.' Don't any of these condo dwellers like to actually swim; and in deep water?

Back