Toronto River City Condos Phase 3 | 99.66m | 29s | Urban Capital | Saucier + Perrotte

I've given a LOT of thought to this, as I will be moving into the unit immediately below on the 6th floor with a large terrace. I think I'm correct.

The short answer is that the view should be of most of downtown and all of mid and uptown. If you drew a line straight along Eastern Avenue, this would be the southern limit of your view to the west. You can see the CN tower, but not the lake and not most of southcore. Your views directly south are blocked by Canary District. I have looked carefully at the site plan drawings for RC4, which will be twelve stories. The way it is situated on the site (slightly away from the onramp with servicing on the north side), it should not affect RC3 units on the very northwest corner from seeing straight down Eastern Avenue. It will, however, block all views for RC3 units not on the NW corner and lower than the 12th floor. Finally, there is a risk of tall buildings going in around Corktown that could block views in the future, though the secondary plan calls for smaller buildings. I have not been able to completely figure out shadowing effects from RC4 on my unit.

Thanks for the feedback. Fingers crossed! Ultimately, agreed with you on the fact that none of these views are guaranteed as Downtown Toronto's face is ever changing!

Taken March 10th:
DSC_0846 copy 2.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0846 copy 2.jpg
    DSC_0846 copy 2.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 291
I initially had my doubts this one would get off the ground, it seemed too "extreme" to borrow a word. I'm super excited to see it rising, it should be a knockout!

Wednesday:

rcIMG_0613.JPG
rcIMG_0636.JPG

Attachments

• rcIMG_0613.JPG
    rcIMG_0613.JPG
    884.7 KB · Views: 263
  • rcIMG_0636.JPG
    rcIMG_0636.JPG
    986 KB · Views: 306
It is noted in WT's latest board report that this is completely sold out and slated for occupancy in spring 2018.

If all the grey spandrel condos in Toronto had this black cladding, I would be a happy camper! Can you imagine how much nicer 365 Church Street would be with this black cladding contrasted with white, frosted balcony glass? It would make a world of difference with just that small, inexpensive change! Anyway, this building is what we need to see more of in Toronto!

How much more expensive could the colour change on cladding and glass be? I don't know but I imagine not that much and from what I've read, Toronto developers have VERY high profits. Would it destroy their business models to up the design/quality just a bit? If it's done in this development, obviously it's still profitable. Imagine, making a decent profit and not destroying your city! I have come to hate gray spandrel with a passion!

Back