Toronto Rise Condos | 76.5m | 23s | Reserve Properties | Graziani + Corazza

anyone got any updates on the sales of this project? I grabbed a 1bd. Seems to have had a great opening and they are not even open to the public yet.

Steady fraffic in and out of the showroom. Seems pretty busy. Any updates on when they go to the city for approvals? Or if it includes the church south of the parking lot?

The one risk for the community is that they've pushed out the existing businesses in that block. So let's hope this gets built and isn't a condo show-room forever while they wait for enough sales and city approvals.

(As an aside, show room is decorated quite...interestingly. Reminiscent of mid-1980s nu-riche Italian immigrant decor. Marbe - check. Euro finishes - check. Shiny shallacked wood furniture from Cantu - check. More marble - check. ;) )

Sales centre looked crazy busy for a rainy Sunday afternoon.

4 Dec 2011:

013zgc.jpg

Hmm, according to DCN this is going to the OMB for 29 storeys,..:confused:didnt know this was shot down early by city planning.

CONDOMINIUM
Proj: 9142322-2
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
CONTEMPLATED
1451-1457 Bathurst St, M6C 1A1
$10,000,000 est
Note:.. This project is preliminary. Consultant on behalf of owner has made an appeal to the Ontario Municipal Board for zoning. There is no schedule in place for this project at this time. Further update early 2012.
Construction budget has not been released. Value given is only an estimate. Owner WILL NOT receive unsolicited phone calls regarding this project.
Project:..proposed construction of a 29-storey condominium building.
Scope:..29 storeys
Development:..New
Category:..Apartment bldgs[/I
http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/...a4162dfb4e01&projectid=9142322&region=ontario

Honestly I thought 25 storeys for such a prominent intersection was too short. They should have gone for 35-40 here!

Totally anecdotal, but the show room has been dead for the past month. Word I hear was that this development encompassess all land along Bathurst south to Melgund save for Wychwood Library - so that means bye to the Community of Christ building and the old apartment just south of that..

Well, if it's going that far south, then that's a huge site and buyers of south face units should beware. Site can easily accommodate a second tower to the south.

A second tower would be woefully out of place with the surroundings on the eastern side of Bathurst, just like the rental tower already is on the Vaughan triangle. It's super low rise residential, I think the current podium is already going to be taller denser than the existing buildings there.

Plus, I might be wrong. That's just what my neighbour was telling me. It's possible it takes up the church but not the apartments...?

Any word on if the podium will be retail or just condo entrance/services?

Last edited:
Honestly I thought 25 storeys for such a prominent intersection was too short. They should have gone for 35-40 here!

I know this is completely unrelated to this thread but this thinking that higher and higher is appropriate makes me question the Eglinton developement. At Eglinton and Bathurst 12 floors is considered high. But one major street south double that. I asked this exact question to Mike Colle and Joe M at a meeting and they said their plan for Eglinton was a maximum of 14 floors similar to the avenue plan. I just cant believe that at caledonia and eglinton (canadian tire lands) or bayview and eglinton(metro lands) or laird (future shop lands) or dufferin and eglinton (behind the dollar store and shoppers drug mart) that we wont be seeing 30-40 floor development.

Going from 12 on Eglinton to 25 on St. Clair seems pretty reaosnable to me. That stretch of Eglinton is very low rise and narrow, while St. Clair is more open, a bit denser, has higher buildings and of course is closer to downtown. Even the current development occurring at St Clair and Bathurst I think is a bit on the high side...it runs the risk of creating an out-of-place wind-tunnel effect with a few big towers instantly dropping off to the very low single-family housing and other uses nearby. If the condo boom collapses you could end up with three towers on two corners, a 5 story medical building on another, and a gas station and school on the fourth. That's awkward. That being said, the main mitigating factor to that risk is that the intersection was so drab to begin with so it's not much of a loss if the rest of the avenue plan doesn't pan out. :) 30 floors out at Caledonia and Eglinton or some of those other places would be a bit of an island, particularly with no subway nearby.

I wonder how different Bathurst would have been had the subway run up there instead of Spadina

Last edited:
The big prize here will be the North East corner, which is currently a carwash/gas station.

Will hopefully include some sort of connection to the subway so the subway can be connected to the actual intersection............

yeah the north east corner has some serious potential and what if loblaws decides to sell its land.. Theres huge potential for multiple buildings.

I would be nice to link the intersection to the subway. Will St Michael's sell its parking lot?

I've always wondered why there wasn't a multi-res building on top of the Loblaws, which is right on top of the subway. Seems like a perfect locale.

I would be nice to link the intersection to the subway. Will St Michael's sell its parking lot?

I've always wondered why there wasn't a multi-res building on top of the Loblaws, which is right on top of the subway. Seems like a perfect locale.

There were plans back in the early 90's for several condo towers. Part of the problem of developing on the Loblaws site (at the time) was the location of the station below which prevents from going high-rise. Apparently the site can't support anything more than a low-rise structure like a Loblaws.

Back