Toronto The Residences of 488 University Avenue | 206.95m | 55s | Amexon | Core Architects

They do recycle old concrete and turn it into usable gravel as well as for other uses.... But it's sad to see this one go!

Oct 15:

488uni.JPG

Attachments

• 488uni.JPG
    488uni.JPG
    350.3 KB · Views: 3,175
Just a little sad. I can still recall when the towers on the Hilton block were reclad.

If I had a really large backyard I would try to salvage some of those panels and make a really nice pavilion or modernist gazebo out of them.
I hate to see these concrete panels go.

The scrims are falling apart physically - it's one reason why they are getting removed in the first place.

AoD

It would have been nice to a see a new design that pays homage to the scrims in a more modern and contextual way. It was a pretty unique building.

It would have been nice to a see a new design that pays homage to the scrims in a more modern and contextual way. It was a pretty unique building.

Totally agree - I think there might be a frit pattern on the glass that sort of pays homage, but a metal screen that provides a 3D effect might be better.

AoD

The Residences of 488 University Avenue wins four International Property Awards
TORONTO, Oct. 29, 2015 /CNW/ - Amexon Development Corporation's The Residences of 488 University Avenue in Toronto, has won four prestigious international awards from the
International Property Awards based in England.

Amexon Development Corporation is launching The Residences of 488 University Avenue, a 55-storey condominium tower in downtown Toronto.

Among all entrants from The Americas at the International Property Awards Amexon was awarded:

• Best Architecture -Multiple Residences
  • Best Residential High-Rise Development
  • Best Condominium Canada
  • Best Interior Design Canada
The International Property Awards are judged by a panel of more than 80 leading developers, architects, designers and other real estate professionals from around the world, who cover every aspect of global Residential and Commercial real estate.
http://www.newswire.ca/news-release...-international-property-awards-538310531.html

Back