Toronto RBC WaterPark Place III | 140.2m | 30s | Oxford Properties | WZMH

A plain box might be a fine counterpoint to the faux-Pelli, just as the Crystal plays off of the old ROM and Snøhetta's Ryerson building will smooch and dance delightfully with the 1970s brutalist library building.

A plain box might be a fine counterpoint to the faux-Pelli, just as the Crystal plays off of the old ROM and Snøhetta's Ryerson building will smooch and dance delightfully with the 1970s brutalist library building.

'Fake-Pelli' Hahaha. It is odd how similar it looks to the World Financial Centre.

Is this the building?

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 188520 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: May 5, 2011

Project: Non-Residential Building New Building

Description: Zoning review for new 30 storey mixed use building with retail at ground floor and office above.

Four down two more to go of what the city had set for proposed office building space down in the Southcore area. Hopefully down the line the other two proposals (45 Bay and C.Fs. 31 storey York tower) get built to give us a future total of more than 6 million square ft. of office space in that area....Exciting and not to shabby for an area that was a no-mans-land 10 years ago.:cool:

Last edited:
the parking lot is about the same size as the first to phases. I'd expect a big warehouse of a building. This is Harbourfront too, BTW

the parking lot is about the same size as the first to phases. I'd expect a big warehouse of a building. This is Harbourfront too, BTW

Why would they take up the whole lot when they could build a taller on one half and save the other for future development?

Why would they take up the whole lot when they could build a taller on one half and save the other for future development?

Taller doesn't necessarily equate to more density or leasible space. There are limitations to both. I would also suspect that the attraction for the rumoured bank would be the potential massive floorplates.

Taller doesn't necessarily equate to more density or leasible space. There are limitations to both. I would also suspect that the attraction for the rumoured bank would be the potential massive floorplates.

From putting together what we already know, this tower will be 300,000 to 800,000 sq. ft. spread over 30 floors, creating an average floorplate from approximately 10,000 to 26,667 sg. ft. So at most the floor plates will be a little larger than at BA Centre. That would certainly be a little stumpy, but I don't know if you could characterize it as a warehouse.

Speculating of course but, I think we'll see a four or five storey podium with 50,000+ square foot plates and a ceral box tower for other prospective tenants. By warehouse I mean the workspaces beneath Bay Street or some industrial park in the 905 where the tiny workstations seemingly go on forever. The workforse also tend to be primarily Asian which adds another layer to the whole setting.

Back