Oakville Rain and Senses Condominiums | 72.84m | 21s | Empire | Graziani + Corazza

Post #37 above shows the homes already in place in April 2015, and post #38 compares their final location with the original plan for them facing Kerr Street.

Why not make a GTA forum that represents projects that fall outside the boundaries of Toronto? Most of us here are interested in Toronto projects, exclusively.

5 seconds wasted on a click. First world problems.
That's not the point. This site is called Urban Toronto, so I don't understand the reason for posting projects that aren't taking place in Toronto. They're of little interest to most of us and they have nothing to do with this city's built form. I don't see the harm in suggesting that there be a different section to the forum (or completely separate forum) where all periphery projects can be discussed.

But these are in the Greater Toronto Area. Should stuff in North York not be included because its not in the Toronto Community Council area?

The city is more than just the parts you go to personally. Oakville in contingently urban with the rest of the GTA, and is very much the same "city" in the meaning of a metropolitan area. Just because it falls outside of an arbitrary municipal boundary line doesn't mean its not part of the city.

This issue has been rehashed on UT many times over the years, and i doubt the policy is going to change now. Projects that are allowed to be posted on Urban Toronto includes anything within the GTHA.

North York is in Toronto, Oakville isn't, technically speaking. That's kind of a false equivalency.

^ my point was that of arbitrary municipal boundaries. If you ignore invisible municipal boundaries and look at the built form (the thing you are so concerned about), you will see that Oakville is the same city as downtown.

Why not make a GTA forum that represents projects that fall outside the boundaries of Toronto? Most of us here are interested in Toronto projects, exclusively.

Projects anywhere in the GTA are just as relevant as those in downtown Toronto... are you asking UT to reduce its relevancy for those of us whose interests are broader than yours? Get over your downtown hubris.

^ my point was that of arbitrary municipal boundaries. If you ignore invisible municipal boundaries and look at the built form (the thing you are so concerned about), you will see that Oakville is the same city as downtown.

Not really.

By "built form" I meant what is built within the boundaries of Toronto, not the aesthetics of said buildings. Anyway, we've made our points. To make everyone happy, let's just agree with my statements and put this to rest.

Projects anywhere in the GTA are just as relevant as those in downtown Toronto... are you asking UT to reduce its relevancy for those of us whose interests are broader than yours? Get over your downtown hubris.
Did you not see that I suggested a sub forum or different forum for GTA projects? I didn't say projects outside of Toronto can't be posted. It would just be better to distinguish Toronto vs. GTA projects.

What downtown hubris (where did that come from)? I've lived my entire life in North York and have no desire to ever live downtown. My last few posts have advocated for the entirety of Toronto (GTA not included), not merely downtown.

The problem with subdivision of the forum the how much does one subdivide? A separate forum for every municipality? We think there are too many municipalities to do that, so… Higher order (region/county etc) municipality? Combination e.g.. GTA West? Does Burlington go with Hamilton or Oakville/Mississauga/Brampton, etc?

We'll never make everyone happy with which way is the one to go, so for now anyway, you are stuck with this one, where the whole agglomeration is together. (And think of the term urban as in urbanization.)

The problem with subdivision of the forum the how much does one subdivide? A separate forum for every municipality? We think there are too many municipalities to do that, so… Higher order (region/county etc) municipality? Combination e.g.. GTA West? Does Burlington go with Hamilton or Oakville/Mississauga/Brampton, etc?

We'll never make everyone happy with which way is the one to go, so for now anyway, you are stuck with this one, where the whole agglomeration is together. (And think of the term urban as in urbanization.)

I would just put all projects outside of Toronto proper in a sub forum (there aren't too many projects on here that are beyond Toronto's limits). Oakville, Mississauga, Markham, Vaughan, Hamilton, etc. could all be on one one forum, and this forum could be just for the old city, East York, North York, Scarborough, York, Etobicoke. Anyway, it's not a major problem, but I just thought it would be better to separate Toronto from the rest of the nearby municipalities.

When are Urban Kenora and Urban Cobalt going to be set up?

Back