Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

It does surprise me that happened again, with the sheer amount of stupidity we've seen with drivers over the past few weeks. They should impound these cars for 1 year minimum, just based on driver stupidity.

With the driver still inside? Or is that too dark? Could be linked up with the annual Darwin Awards.

If you get that disoriented while driving, they need to turn in their drivers license.
You can be near blind or wheel-chair bound as a senior and still continue to get your license.

You can attest to that yourself by observing your surroundings the next time you are waiting in queue at Service Ontario for your number to be called.

Because railways aren't paved in concrete the entire length of them unless they are a street railway but we don't have any of these in Toronto, plus grade crossings usually only cross part of the street. Maybe it's time we put up signs along the length of it to let people know there is a track there, like the ones they have beside the right of way in Kitchener and Waterloo.

That is literally my original question - why are they paved in concrete down the ramp, other than to look nice? Why not remove the concrete altogether?

That is literally my original question - why are they paved in concrete down the ramp, other than to look nice? Why not remove the concrete altogether?

Wouldn't have stopped clueless individuals - remember there were instances where they drove deep into the tunnel where the rails aren't flush with the road.

AoD

Wouldn't have stopped clueless individuals - remember there were instances where they drove deep into the tunnel where the rails aren't flush with the road.

Those are very rare though. Nearly everyone stops as soon as the concrete bed is gone. Even if we say that 5% of cars keep going, why not do something that'll stop the other 95% earlier?

Those are very rare though. Nearly everyone stops as soon as the concrete bed is gone. Even if we say that 5% of cars keep going, why not do something that'll stop the other 95% earlier?

Even assuming your thesis is true, you will still have to fish them out because they certainly won't be stopping before the concrete ends, which end up not making an iota of a difference. See the instance from yesterday as an example.

AoD

If you stop the concrete up top though, before the thing dives underground into a confined space, you can fish the cars out far more easily.

Still, I think a retractable bollard might be a better idea, and would make for the occasional fun video (although, how about just a standard parking garage arm that swings up and down, activated by the streetcar: way cheaper to put in)

Still, I think a retractable bollard might be a better idea, and would make for the occasional fun video (although, how about just a standard parking garage arm that swings up and down, activated by the streetcar: way cheaper to put in)

I prefer something like the flippers in pinball machines.

AoD

If you stop the concrete up top though, before the thing dives underground into a confined space, you can fish the cars out far more easily.

Yeah. It may be time for some form of electronic gate, activated by the streetcars. Smh....

I think there should be (even brighter) flashing lights and a loud horn or siren that turns on when a vehicle other than a streetcar enters the portal, but it don’t think that will stop anyone if actual physical differences (no concrete, bare track) doesn’t raise any red lights.

Back