Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

QQ is absolute clutter. When it first re-opened, people complained that they didn't know where to go and they needed more signage. Now we've got more signage ...

Less is more... and I suspect the added signage is there to protect one's rear.

AoD

Just what is needed (not), more signs.

2336A0DC00000578-3085621-image-a-25_1431900670016.jpg

28CACB0200000578-3085621-image-a-61_1431901105422.jpg

!BuMJwBQCGk~$(KGrHqIOKk!EvP!k9KTnBL+UJ,!7kw~~_35.JPG

2115_lg.jpg

seagull.jpg

w-54_s-2.gif

badgerworks-Horse-crossing.jpg

Pedestrian-Bike-Crossing-Graphic-Sign-K-8275.gif

stock-vector-pedestrian-sign-caution-watch-for-cars-warning-cars-attention-danger-watch-for-traffic-46961188.jpg

politician_crossing_copy_gif_card-r225534fe143a4fb4a7161f2a77d255e2_xvuak_8byvr_324.jpg

Is that allowed in the code/bylaws to have no sidewalk curb like that?

I don't think so, but the curbs are already pretty low and there are sections that have bollards (such as near Lower Spadina) except more widely spaced. I'm not sure what the bridge in the photo has that's better than the setup on QQ.

Since the EMS and the fire department can't use the ROW and the ramp in the first place, time to go back to Square One and put in the grass that was supposed to be these in the first place.

These changes by TTC will still see clueless drives in the tunnel and the fine doesn't cover the real cost to remove the car in the first place.

TTC makes it harder for drivers to enter the Queens Quay streetcar tunnel

Since the EMS and the fire department can't use the ROW and the ramp in the first place, time to go back to Square One and put in the grass that was supposed to be these in the first place.

These changes by TTC will still see clueless drives in the tunnel and the fine doesn't cover the real cost to remove the car in the first place.

TTC makes it harder for drivers to enter the Queens Quay streetcar tunnel

I agree. The street was designed with important visual cues in mind. You can't just take away key parts of the plan and not expect the design to break. The grass was put there in the original design to prevent drivers from mistaking it for a road. By removing the grass, the ROW became nearly indistinguishable from a road, specially in a city where we drive on streetcar tracks on King, Queen, Dundas and College.

I wonder why they haven't just put grass or even have open tracks from the last intersection to the tunnel entrance that would send a message that hey I don't belong here maybe I should stop a lot sooner then where it is now.

I wonder why they haven't just put grass or even have open tracks from the last intersection to the tunnel entrance that would send a message that hey I don't belong here maybe I should stop a lot sooner then where it is now.

They put rumble strips but I think they should put spikes.

You try to drive down the tunnel, you get 4 flat tires.

As for the grass, got to thank the ones who got their way not allowing it, which piss off not only Waterfront Toronto, but everyone who work on this project including me. As for opening the tracks up, been calling for this from day one for the ramp area. This new TTC fix not going to work.

Back