Toronto Pinnacle on Adelaide | 144.47m | 46s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Not bad at all! Sleek for sure. I wonder if those sticks at the bottom are supports or just art?
I really like the leaning effect.

This is far less interesting than the "leaning tower of Pizza" pizza planned for the s/w corner of Charles and Jarvis.

Damn I can't find the thread or the pic (aka the punchline). These forum search engines suck (sorry Ed).

Odds of this design surviving to the next boom: minimal.

In a way, that could be the biggest pity. It seemed that the Toronto market was tiring of boxes, even the elegant Clewsian sort, and becoming more adventurous. I wonder if, when we start selling condos again, we'll reset back to boxes again?

Nice to see something fitting in with the existing surroundings....

If I detect sarcasm in your tone you need not worry. Ten years (if that) down the road this will fit in perfectly with its surroundings.

Scale, context, surroundings, whatever are not static.............. The restaurants on King, and god forbid the Hooters across the street, will stick out like a sore thumb.

Wow I thought in the midst of an economic depression only the Yorkville boom could survive. For some reason this design reminds me of the new battery park area condos in NYC. I like it.

Wow I thought in the midst of an economic depression only the Yorkville boom could survive. For some reason this design reminds me of the new battery park area condos in NYC. I like it.

Actually the Yorkville area has slowed much faster in terms of sales than other areas in the city - the "boom" ended in Yorkville several months ago.

Well there really aren't many new projects in Yorkville are there?

Museum house which has been in marking for a long while now and the one by Bazis that will likely get scrapped.

What else is going on other then that, I think the rest are already under construction.

There are a few other proposals (1 very large one) but it hasn't even began marking.

Mike in TO - In the downtown core, what areas are doing the best / worst (Yorkville as you poitned out) ?

Last edited:
As far as I'm ware 1 Bloor east has amazing sales ... well over 70% ... but sure that could be all lies.

Those two other projects you mention are ... ah sure, I guess they're in Yorkville South.

It would be interesting to know the sales stats on them.

But I do have one comment to make about them either way.
They've both been in marking/sales for quite a while now. During the boom! If they've couldn't muster enough sales during that period these projects are likely 1) over priced 2) badly designed.

I'm not going to keep posting about each and every project and where they are at in Yorkville and other areas but to generally answer your questions the downtown centre and downtown west areas have been the strongest in terms of activity this year, but those areas, in particular the western side of downtown have a lot of inventory and active projects on the go. The next several months you are going see see a lot more caution and focus on clearing inventory with far fewer project launches. Yorkville has been very slow for almost a year now.

Taal - re: lies - there are credible sources of data on sales for that project. It's not the sales volumes that fans of that project should be concerned about.

Taal - re: lies - there are credible sources of data on sales for that project. It's not the sales volumes that fans of that project should be concerned about.

Uh oh ... 1BE rumours again;
and this time from a credible insider source ^^^ !?!?

I'm not going to keep posting about each and every project and where they are at in Yorkville and other areas but to generally answer your questions the downtown centre and downtown west areas have been the strongest in terms of activity this year, but those areas, in particular the western side of downtown have a lot of inventory and active projects on the go. The next several months you are going see see a lot more caution and focus on clearing inventory with far fewer project launches. Yorkville has been very slow for almost a year now.

Thanks for the information Mike TO ... from my sources, I've heard something similar regarding 1 Bloor East as well ... sales are not an issue.

Anyway sorry to keep bugging you. But how are areas like NYCC, MCC, and parts of York region doing in terms of clearing out old inventory and new project starts?

Is there some way to find out specific stats like that easily or are you pretty much left to ask an expert like your self :)

Thanks a lot.

Well, there's Minto and 77 Charles...both could easily be cancelled from lack of sales. Then there's 1 bloor on the edge.....

Yeah, if Pinnacle pulled Success 2 what's the chance of this tower going ahead? None, imho, at least for the next 2 years.

I live in the building next to where Minto is building The St. Thomas. I am positive this building will not be cancelled. They are continuing work on the foundation of my building to prepare for the new construction and as far as I can tell, will be working on that into mid-January.

And for what it's worth, I also heard that the CEO of Minto bought a unit in the St. Thomas and absolutely plans on living there.

Makes sense ... from what I recall 77 Charles is a lot newer to the market. If somethings going to be canceled or postponed it's likely that.

Back