Pickering Pickering GO Pedestrian Bridge | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | AECOM

Progress on bridge construction today:

I'll try to get some photos of the office tower progress too on a day when I don't need to take the bus.

Last edited:
This is the Whitby bridge I mentioned earlier, which is under construction and seems to be quite similar to what the Pickering bridge will look like without the mesh wrap. I didn't have time to get a better shot, so apologies for the crappy angle...
I was in Whitby for the big high-school reunion a few weekends ago, and saw the bridge. I wonder why they didn't continue it across the north track to an entrance at the top of the embankment of the station-access road, next to Brock St? In the picture, the bridge would continue to the left.

Hey all,

Was out in Pickering visiting the parental units the other day (sidenote: Happy 40th Anniversary Mom and Dad!). Snapped a few pics of the pedestrian bridge progress at the GO station. Things look like they are coming along pretty well.

pickeringbridge9.jpg

Southernmost stairway and the furthest along.

pickeringbridge8.jpg

First chunk of the bridge deck (i'm assuming)

Pickeringbridge6.jpg

Progress on the stairs on the eastbound platform

pickeringbridge4.jpg

A little far away, but you can see the supports being finished on the Pickering Town Centre end.

pickeringbridge2.jpg

And lastly a piece of the bridge being worked on beside the westbound platform stair.

Sure could have used this bridge when I lived in Ajax for 8 years. Ah well.

Cheers Everyone!

I agree! having grown up my whole life in ajax, but always going to pickering town centre.. this bridge was needed for sure! gonna be a "beut" when completed.. About time people came to recognise Pickering. Maybe now they'll see the potential ajax could have.. especially in the south end. by the hospital. could use a big building or a few there in that big empty lot. makes up for the mall we never got. (or rather that had got started and near completed ran out of money became a place for people to party and is now a subdivision).. lol good time!

This is an example of what I would like to see as opposed to what's happening with that new mall in Brampton. While it's still a bit of a hike, this bridge will fix the mistake that was made when the mall was first built by making it directly and relatively comfortably accessible to the GO station nearby.

This is an example of what I would like to see as opposed to what's happening with that new mall in Brampton. While it's still a bit of a hike, this bridge will fix the mistake that was made when the mall was first built by making it directly and relatively comfortably accessible to the GO station nearby.

I'm from Brampton. What new mall are you referring to?

Maybe now they'll see the potential ajax could have.. especially in the south end. by the hospital. could use a big building or a few there in that big empty lot.

As someone who also lived in Ajax his whole life, I'd say leave the south end alone. They're proposing a square in the lot I think you're referring to (http://durhamregion.com/news/article/180951). Hopefully it turns out to be as nice as the plans and not a slum like the low-rise apartments across the street.

As someone who also lived in Ajax his whole life, I'd say leave the south end alone. They're proposing a square in the lot I think you're referring to (http://durhamregion.com/news/article/180951). Hopefully it turns out to be as nice as the plans and not a slum like the low-rise apartments across the street.

actually i had no idea this was even a thought i figurede they actually leave that thing empty forever.. thanks for that link though im actually very impressed with the render. That was so unexpected and random. Appreciate that liamdevlin

Last edited:
Some more progress made on the bridge. The bridge structure is up (as mentioned by ProjectEnd) and spans all the tracks. The supports for the span over the 401 are nearly ready as well.

pick1.jpg

pick3.jpg

pick4.jpg

pick2.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality! Took this on my way home last night.. they were adding the second last span over the highway part of the bridge.

img2011082100005.jpg

what were you doing out on this side of the city jason!?! you mainly stick to Mississauga... good photo though!

Back