Toronto Picasso Condos | 128.62m | 39s | Mattamy Homes | Teeple Architects

I don't know why they had to mar an otherwise decent curtain wall with those heavy white casement windows and the heavy white framed vents. It either looks temporary or an afterthought, and reminds me of those typical vinyl clad windows you see on houses.
Something frameless or lower profile would look much better and blend into the façade, rather than bring too much attention to itself.
Surely the point of the heavy casements is to look a bit awkward, as it's that awkwardness higher up the tower which gives Picasso much of its charm. Picasso, like many other Teeple designed buildings, breaks strict minimalist rules of modernism to add atypical gestures (which here include projecting volumes and garish red) that are odd and awkward. It's still done with restraint, and it all looks entirely thought out to me.

That said, I'm not nuts about the podium as a whole. Probably could have used more casement windows (and more detail in general).

28481935235_2647cf81d0_h.jpg

28481933515_b4cec8c87e_h.jpg

28449467276_feff9ffa73_h.jpg

I'm fine with the look of the podium, but those recessed balconies with opaque balcony railings look like they don't let much light penetrate the interiors. That strikes me as impractical and bad design.

Agree with this. I do like the podium overall though, and ground level. It feels weird, anachronistic, but it works, against the grain architecture for top to bottom.

Back