Toronto Picasso Condos | 128.62m | 39s | Mattamy Homes | Teeple Architects

4U58AJk.jpg

I really do not like the blank wall of cladding on the east side. I'd rather see billboards or something. Does that happen on buildings anymore?

I think I may have seen half of Picasso's roof lit while I was walking south from campus today.

Absolute Hideous Monstrosity. This is experimental art, which should be miniaturized in a gallery somewhere. This is not architecture which will stand the test of time. This will be a pathetic blight on our skyline for the next two centuries.

Colour should never go on a building. Especially bright red metallic panels. The red, black, white and grey make this building look like a PlayMobil Toy, not a structure which will stand for 200 years.

Metal Sheet siding as the exterior cladding? kill me now. Brick, Limestone, Plaster, Moulded Concrete - these are what buildings should be made of.

Awkward angles, overhanging pop-outs? Jesus, this is nasty.

All it is, is "car-crash" architecture. The kind of insane architecture that makes you take your eyes off the road as you stare in bewilderment...

Last edited by a moderator:
How can someone hate colour? Were they beaten with a box of crayons at some point??

I do love the tower. The podium is a hulking mess though, it looks like it could be a factory along the 427.

Absolute Hideous Monstrosity. This is experimental art, which should be miniaturized in a gallery somewhere. This is not architecture which will stand the test of time. This will be a pathetic blight on our skyline for the next two centuries.

Colour should never go on a building. Especially bright red metallic panels. The red, black, white and grey make this building look like a PlayMobil Toy, not a structure which will stand for 200 years.

Metal Sheet siding as the exterior cladding? kill me now. Brick, Limestone, Plaster, Moulded Concrete - these are what buildings should be made of.

Awkward angles, overhanging pop-outs? Jesus, this is nasty.

All it is, is "car-crash" architecture. The kind of insane architecture that makes you take your eyes off the road as you stare in bewilderment...

Your comments on this building and this type of architecture read like the "old stock Canadians" of architecture.

Back