Toronto Picasso Condos | 128.62m | 39s | Mattamy Homes | Teeple Architects

From the first picture, the horizontal alignment is dreadful on that fourth column. No homogeneity or consistency.

My conclusion (based on my experience on a differently-related matter) to the cladding is that poor exterior workmanship is generally translated into the interior.

Anyway, this is my last post. I would like to channel my energy into something more interesting and rewarding.

storming-the-castle.jpg

Attachments

• storming-the-castle.jpg
    storming-the-castle.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 1,688
I pity the people who bought the units. Who pays for the remediation later ? Certainly not you or me. The buyers will suffer by paying higher condo fees down the line.

If you don't have a vested interest, then how can one expect you to care ?

Let's say if this were your house or condo complex, would you care ? Sure you would.

BTW, isn't this forum supposed to inform the public and not whether people give a damn or not ?

I didn't say I don't "pity" them, but having said that, how many purchasers would actually care whether an exterior panel is perfectly aligned? My experience is that they care more about internal issues more than external, particularly cosmetic ones.

This forum is supposed to inform the public on a multitude of things - not just whether a condo is poorly built or not. My personal priority was the architecture of the building in this instance, and I was satisfied by the macro aspects. You are of course free to prioritze ownership related issues, nothing wrong with that - and rightly so.

AoD

While I wouldn't want to see metal panel clad buildings everywhere--I agree with Canada's best architect that brick as a building material is ultimately way more interesting (and timeless)--I really like the view of Picasso from WQW:
ifY5Zzp.jpg

Can Teeple temper his obsession with metal and switch over to a red brick city?
faFxfUC.jpg

Thursday:

Picasso by Marcus Mitanis, on Flickr

401 Richmond by Marcus Mitanis, on Flickr

401 Richmond by Marcus Mitanis, on Flickr

QRC by Marcus Mitanis, on Flickr

As much as i love this tower i'm not sure I love the podium or how it looms over everything around it.

I was just thinking the same thing.

I'm probably one of the few people that is not a fan of this building. It is interesting, but not attractive or something I see aging well.

The podium at least as seen from queen is perfect, its broken up in form and looks like an organic addition to the eclectic nature of the other varying built forms.

Yeah, there's something rather cheap looking about the podium... love that tower though!!

Thus contradicting the whole point in the first place. This project is very explicitly not intended to be a fully-glazed window-wall tower.
That's not what he said. He wished the panes of glass were larger (as depicted in the rendering; i.e. no mullions).

Back