Toronto Peter Street Condominiums | 129.84m | 40s | CentreCourt | a—A

I'm curious to see the next generation of aA designs.

The design for this one is very un-aA like interestingly enough. From the quick glance at the renders I got, it looks very KPMBish. black brick on lower levels and precast and glass on the upper levels. Not bad, but also not my favourite aA design, but then again I'm a big fan of pretty much everything they've done so far which others on this site have accused of being overly repetitive.

I'm a fan of aA's work, but their simple glass boxes really are starting to get a bit tiresome. Theatre Park gave me hope that they were trying to spread their wings a little more and add just a touch of flair, but this design seems so out-of-the-box.

agreed Ramako ... though I have had that feeling about aA's work for awhile now ~

The east and west elevations are very similar to 18 Yorkville, Pure & Clear Spirit (also aA).
It's unmistakenly Clewes with lots of glass and staggered window patterning.
It's very nice but nothing spectacular.

The podium (if you could call it a podium, as the footprint is not that much bigger than the tower) looks very tall, almost too tall for the tower.
I like it much better than the previous proposals.

I think the city is large enough to absorb a few more of these aA designs. We're far from critical mass with the handful that are already built, and design trends will eventually change.

I'm a fan of aA's work, but their simple glass boxes really are starting to get a bit tiresome. Theatre Park gave me hope that they were trying to spread their wings a little more and add just a touch of flair, but this design seems so out-of-the-box.

Wait till you see the renders, I'd say it actually doesn't fit neatly into the aA mould - like I said earlier kind of KPMBish.

p.s. Mods, the developer isn't Menkes its actually CentreCourt Developments.

I think the city is large enough to absorb a few more of these aA designs. We're far from critical mass with the handful that are already built, and design trends will eventually change.

I agree. However, aA design seems to be concentrated downtown; suburban Toronto could use some of their polished new Modernism around the city centres. Also, I don't believe Mississauga has any architecture by aA.

Looks hot

Really? This looks like sh&% - if the renders are going to make this look better then they must be some kinda magic renders - this is rediculous.

328340Adelaide.jpg

It's a line drawing. It won't actually look like a line drawing when finished. Don't worry.

This one could look really good. There's a lot going on despite the minimal massing which many can't seem to get passed.

Back