Toronto Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning | ?m | 21s | Sick Kids | Diamond Schmitt

This area is going to be crazy dense soon. Bay Street is coming back.

Oooh, this is my parking lot... the one I've been waiting for years to be developed! I thought it was the parking lot between the Nightmare and LuCliff (Nightmare II). Great news!

Wow...I've been to sick kids a lot, can't believe I never noticed that...

Sick Kids Hospital Research Building (24s)

There's one of those white development application signs up on a Bay St. parking lot (on the West side of Bay, bounded by Bay, Elm, Walton, and that big smokestack building) saying that they want to build a 24 storey office and research building.

I've heard rumours about a new Sick Kids building, but not about anything that large. Would be great if it goes ahead tho, would mean a lot of new jobs and it would fill in a gaping hole on Bay St.

Great news. I figured the Sick Kids expansion would go in this spot and I'm happy to hear about it. Next they just need to fill in the packing lot beside the Delta Chelsea (or just remove the entire Delta Chelsea) and Bay south of College will be pretty much filled in (1 city Hall, bus station and the thing on Elm, notwithstanding).

This is a 650,000 square foot building they're planning here, which is no small potatoes! At 24 floors, those would be 27,000 square foot floor plates on average, which would make the floors just a bit larger than the Bay Adelaide's. I look forward to more details about this tower.

How long before the Bus Station and the SE corner of Bay-Gerrard are next? Great news for the area and the break-up of the condo creep.

Excellent. Good to see more jobs downtown, and man, this is one massive floorplate. It should help to counter the condos with columns pattern on this stretch of Bay.

But I've got an idea for floor names, given that this is Sick Kids doing medical experiments.

Main Floor (since the current place starts numbering on the second floor)
1. Deirdre
2. Vincent
3. Tessa
4. Valerie
5. Janine
6. Martha
7. Andrew
8. Thomas
9. Walter
10. Pat
11. Linda
12. Michael