News   Mar 18, 2024
 748     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.5K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 770     0 

Toronto PATH Retail

Looks like there's a Nadege patisserie going in the Richmond-Adelaide Centre, by the food court. For those of you who like expensive pastries presented in austere spaces.

Recent closings in the TD Centre food court:

• Freshii - They very recently decorated the pillars with a timeline celebrating 10 successful years in business. I believe this was the original location, first known as Lettuce, which the owner started with a $250,000 loan from his family and friends. The company seems to be expanding aggressively, but I suspect this location was getting absolutely trounced by the vastly superior IQ Food Co right next to it. Freshii has even replicated a couple of IQ's menu items (right down to the images from their rival's website).

• Lettieri - I have no idea how this cafe stayed open for so long.

Last edited:
Michel's Baguette has closed at TD. The wrap for McEwan has gone up (the Essence du Papier space along with two other shops that have been relocated).

Recent closings in the TD Centre food court:

• Freshii - They very recently decorated the pillars with a timeline celebrating 10 successful years in business. I believe this was the original location, first known as Lettuce, which the owner started with a $250,000 loan from his family and friends. The company seems to be expanding aggressively, but I suspect this location was getting absolutely trounced by the vastly superior IQ Food Co right next to it. Freshii has even replicated a couple of IQ's menu items (right down to the images from their rival's website).

• Lettieri - I have no idea how this cafe stayed open for so long.

Not sure if it's the right location, but there has been at least one Freshii that never switched their menu over to the new one (i.e. replacing salmon with shrimp, offering quinoa and more recently, falafels and chili).

Purdy's Chocolates is taking over the Bowring space at TD Centre. Nine West at Royal Bank Plaza is closing.

Belmonte Raw, a Leslieville-based raw vegan food and juice place is moving into the former Laura Secord location in the Exchange Tower, which is roughly equidistant between two Kupfert & Kim locations, which serve the same market. If the line-ups at lunch time are anything to go by, there's more than enough room for these places to coexist and bankers are set to be the first humans capable of reaching the age of 200.

First Canadian Place newsletter:
Five Guys Burgers and Fries, an American burger chain established in 1986 will be opening their first food court location in First Canadian Place’s Food Terrace.

Back