Toronto Park Towns Bayview and Sheppard | 13.41m | 4s | Broccolini | CMV

The concern is that the MEC store could potentially raise the local amount of Gore-Tex, fleece, outdoor active wear, and white people to dangerous levels.

LOL. What's next? Kayaking on the Don river, snowshoeing to Bessarion station, cross-country skiing to Ikea? Requiring a 5$ membership to shop at Canadian Tire? Not in my back yard.

Last edited:
I passed by the site on Saturday (Jan. 10) during the day. From my brief glimpse, as far as I could tell, all of the building structures and asphalt had been cleared from front to back and there was heavy equipment on site. My take is that construction has not been delayed, but rather the completion date has been "pushed back". When MEC received final approval from city council in February 2014, they figured to have shovels in the ground by that March and completion of their store a year later. Of course, that was never realistic.

Does anyone know how are residents going to access their underground parking?

1) From Sheppard?
2) From Denrock?
3) From both?

Large crane is up on the site, I passed by on Monday.
(edit, this thread should also be moved to the low-rise section I think)

Last edited:
Does anyone know how are residents going to access their underground parking?

1) From Sheppard?
2) From Denrock?
3) From both?

Vehicle access will be from a new laneway off of Sheppard Ave. E. that is in line with Denrock but does not connect. There will be a pedestrian only path that connects the new laneway to Denrock drive sidewalk.

June 24
As for Ridership. not going to be that big increase with this development. Even Concord Place is going to hard to increase the station numbers.

Still a bad development for this site regardless if the retail comes in 2016
19155718860_677f1e54c9_b.jpg

19155838688_f0232151be_b.jpg

18720929794_fbbc5c5006_b.jpg

19337388612_05f52c1cf6_b.jpg

Thanks for the update photos. Although I frankly find the MEC development more interesting than these townhouses, I do hope the THs end up being well-integrated with the overall site.

I suspect this development will add a bit more much-needed activity at Bessarion Station and marginally more vehicular traffic along Sheppard.

Thanks for the update photos. Although I frankly find the MEC development more interesting than these townhouses, I do hope the THs end up being well-integrated with the overall site.

I suspect this development will add a bit more much-needed activity at Bessarion Station and marginally more vehicular traffic along Sheppard.

That is the hope. Unfortunately, this area remains very car-centric. The hope was that Concord's Park Place would have caused a larger spike in ridership at Bessarion, but the fact is - most people in this area still drive. There is no parking available in Concord Park Place and a high demand for parking spots. Being right next to the 401, people in this area will not give up their cars.

Back