Toronto Park Towns Bayview and Sheppard | 13.41m | 4s | Broccolini | CMV

Hmmmm,.... I wonder what store will occupy the retail space here,....

IMG_7979.JPG

BTW, the PizzaPizza, M&M Meats, PetValu, CoffeeTime signage are for the plaza next door,....

Attachments

• IMG_7979.JPG
    IMG_7979.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 799
Shockingly,... a retail store opened on schedule in NorthYork! The MEC opened last Friday, November 25th,.... thus, be warned, the local NorthYork population of gore-tex and nylon wearing folks will now increase dramatically! Now we can sell our cheap rusty Norco mountain bike on kijiji to raise cash to buy MEC water bottle!
IMG_0752.JPG

The interior of the MEC is complete - I'm a bit surprised some of the wood pieces appear to be cheaper white pine VS a darker honey colour higher quality wood seen at most other MEC stores,... oh, dear, now I'm judging stores by the colour of their wood!
IMG_0671.JPG
IMG_0635.JPG
IMG_0581.JPG
IMG_0579.JPG

Second floor has lots of natural sunlight coming in from all those roof-top triangular windows,.... notice the vents high up at side wall - in case if it gets too hot inside,...
IMG_0585.JPG

IMG_0588.JPG

Anyways, exterior is basically complete, only a few trim and landscaping details needed,... not really a fan of where they put this tree and rock since folks coming from Bessarion TTC Subway Station exit will have to navigate around it,... Interestingly, they have a 4 car parking bay design into boulevard on Sheppard in front of MEC,....
IMG_0552.JPG
IMG_0557.JPG

Also have 2 levels of underground parking directly under the MEC store,.... P2 seems to be missing a layer of traction protective coating on the ground which is shown in this image of P1 parking level,.... P1 parking level also has 2 electric car charging stations to charge a total of 4 electric cars.
IMG_0700.JPG
IMG_0683.JPG

Oh,.... and there's townhouse condo in the back,.... not done yet,... likely another few months.
IMG_0713.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0671.JPG
    IMG_0671.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 727
  • IMG_0635.JPG
    IMG_0635.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 754
  • IMG_0581.JPG
    IMG_0581.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 731
  • IMG_0579.JPG
    IMG_0579.JPG
    950.4 KB · Views: 743
  • IMG_0585.JPG
    IMG_0585.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 761
  • IMG_0588.JPG
    IMG_0588.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 776
  • IMG_0552.JPG
    IMG_0552.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 812
  • IMG_0557.JPG
    IMG_0557.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 771
  • IMG_0700.JPG
    IMG_0700.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 844
  • IMG_0683.JPG
    IMG_0683.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 728
  • IMG_0713.JPG
    IMG_0713.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 715
  • IMG_0752.JPG
    IMG_0752.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 977
Last edited:
^ Great update. The last time I drove by a month or so ago it clearly wasn't near completion yet. I'm actually pleasantly surprised that not only is the building done, but that M.E.C. is actually open. :cool:

The interior of the MEC is complete - I'm a bit surprised some of the wood pieces appear to be cheaper white pine VS a darker honey colour higher quality wood seen at most other MEC stores,... oh, dear, now I'm judging stores by the colour of their wood!
White pine darkens over time… maybe the other stores' wood looks darker just because of their age now?

Did this development add street parking to Sheppard Ave? I wasn't aware that there was street parking anywhere along Sheppard

It's called a "Lay-By" parking,... it's designed to cut into the (usually grassy) boulevard area without blocking live traffic lanes and without affecting pedestrian sidewalk space,.... enough for about 4 vehicles,.... a few other developments long Sheppard - one just east of Bayview Village has this type of parking system too. This MEC also have 2 levels of underground parking,... so parking shouldn't be much of an issue. And the underground parking is integrated with the townhouse underground parking in the back,.... so technically, in the future if MEC really need more parking,.... it could probably buy some off the townhouse folks or set up a system of daytime VS nighttime parking arrangement,.... right now there' no bike parking spaces and that's likely because the front landscaping isn't done yet.
IMG_0497.JPG
IMG_0498.JPG

Sorry,... but not very good images,... some better images of what a "lay-by" parking space looks like can be found here:
https://www.thestar.com/yourtoronto..._hard_bargain_with_busy_bloor_st_traffic.html
https://www.thestar.com/news/city_h...rkville_valet_area_under_city_compromise.html

Attachments

• IMG_0497.JPG
    IMG_0497.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 644
  • IMG_0498.JPG
    IMG_0498.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 642
Last edited:
White pine darkens over time… maybe the other stores' wood looks darker just because of their age now?

You're likely correct,....

I did notice the wood outside at the front of the store is darker than the wood inside,..... that could be the weather protection treatment/staining,.... and it could be different wood all together since the outside wood for canopy and inside ceiling beam wood both look like cedar - a richer tan honey colour,.... which of course makes the lighter white pine wood look even cheaper.

The retail MEC project was well executed,.... and I only dropped by to take a few snapshots to give a monthly update,.... I was expecting them to still be working on the interior and worried they won't be done by the end of the year - imagine my surprise when I saw the "Now Open" sign by the front door and customer going in and out of the store! After I picked up my jaw from the ground I was happy to join them.

whats with the exotic cars always in the paralell parking out front? A lambo in SunnyRays photos.. and a Maserati in Eds.

Last edited:

Back