Mississauga Park 570 Condos | ?m | 4s | VANDYK | Romanov Romanov

I've seen a few buildings like this in Vancouver too while browsing apartments. Not that attractive but better than the 60s leftovers down the road in Port Credit.

Haters.
Is it possible for you to post something constructive. Or at least something intelligent?
Haters.

This design is reminiscent of a western Canadian design pattern. I am from BC and have a lot of family in Alberta, and both provinces - including Vancouver - have a lot of architecture that mirrors this (though typically only stucco is used, not siding and stucco, which is a horrible combination). I don't like the design, though it could be worse, but this execution is horrible, especially the juxtaposition of so many materials with no colour definition or aesthetic reasoning.

As for the third world, I recently spent six months in India, and I can assure you that this building doesn't resemble anything there. There is hyperbole, then there is hyperbole. Otherwise, many developing countries that I visited, including India, have a lot of decent buildings going up in the wealthy areas, where the benefits of development accrue rather quickly.

This is also very reminiscent of the trailer-park riche stuff they build in the Maritimes, especially Bedford NS:

1297876695_building.jpg

I'm not sure how anyone is even able to build this crap in the GTA. I can't think of anything THIS bad in southern York Region, for example, even though we have more than our share of stinkers.

This is also very reminiscent of the trailer-park riche stuff they build in the Maritimes, especially Bedford NS:

I'm not sure how anyone is even able to build this crap in the GTA. I can't think of anything THIS bad in southern York Region, for example, even though we have more than our share of stinkers.

Are there low-rise condo apartments going up in southern York Region?

Are there low-rise condo apartments going up in southern York Region?

There are stacked townhouse projects going up. I'm not a huge fan of wood framed multi-unit buildings. Aside from the siding, this project looks pretty nice to me.

Back