Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

We're a fickle bunch, and it's easy to forget how momentous it was when this skybridge was lifted into place a couple of years ago. Parade must impress visitors to this town. The views from the Islands of it can be particularly eye-catching.

DSC04641.jpg
DSC04667.jpg

Attachments

• DSC04641.jpg
    DSC04641.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 1,969
  • DSC04667.jpg
    DSC04667.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 2,045
I have to say, for all of the hate Concord Adex gets in terms of their buildings/quality, they are top notch when it comes to community building, and supporting their communities even long after construction has ended.

It's one of the things I miss about CityPlace. Any time the community had an idea that required funding, Concord was the first company to step up with it.

Are there any other developers that stick around to make improvements to/participate in their communities as time goes on?

I have to say, for all of the hate Concord Adex gets in terms of their buildings/quality, they are top notch when it comes to community building, and supporting their communities even long after construction has ended.

Are there any other developers that stick around to make improvements to/participate in their communities as time goes on?

To be fair, they're still in the middle of developing the community so it would make sense that they're still involved.

To be fair, they're still in the middle of developing the community so it would make sense that they're still involved.

From what I have heard, they are staying in the community though. (maintaining office presence once construction wraps up) They also continue to be one of the largest landlords for the retail units throughout CityPlace.

These buildings have become very familiar and somewhat iconic thanks to Covid 19 and the National. I wish the skybridge lights would stay on a bit longer as they seem to shut off soon after the start of Adrienne Arsenault's broadcast.

Out of the blue this morning, some slightly hyperbolic marketing from Concord for…

Concord Adex Unveils Toronto's Mystery Bridge Suite; One of a Kind, Suspended Residence is Finally on the Market​

TORONTO, Jan. 13, 2021 /CNW/ - It's a lair fit for Mr. James Bond himself. The long-awaited Bridge Suites, Concord's iconic addition to the Toronto skyline, is finally unveiled. Globally recognized as an architectural feat, the Bridge Suites were built into Parade's SkyBridge at the foot Canoe Landing Park in Toronto, Ontario and have been a source of curiosity throughout the city - and the world - since inception.

As the country's highest (and largest) suspended residence, the jaw-dropping Bridge Suites are an engineering and architectural marvel. The 450 tonne, 40 metre structure that took over 14 hours to lift into place is no longer a mystery. Its unique outlook suspended in the sky allows for unobstructed vistas to Lake Ontario in one direction and miles of city views to the other.

"Rarely in a city can you point in the sky and say definitively, 'I live there," however, the uniqueness of this residence makes it very hard to miss," said Isaac Chan, Vice President, Sales and Marketing at Concord Adex. "The Bridge Suites have long sparked intrigue from Torontonians and we're excited to pull back the curtain and finally give everyone the grand tour of this incredible space."

The Grand Bridge Suite, listed at $4,550,000, is the larger of the two suites and the only one to be publicly offered. It is 4,168 square feet of living space spanning 3 floors including double height living, dining and study. Featuring timeless design, finishes and furnishings from LIV Design Studio, the SkyBridge also boasts an 823 square foot outdoor retreat serviced by an indoor bar and sunroom. The master bedroom comes with Toronto's ultimate bathing area, boasting breathtaking views of the lake. Additionally, the suite is equipped with private three car garage and premium storage space.

"This project was unlike any other due to the true uniqueness of the space," said Olivia Lam, Principal, LIV Design Studio. "The architecture is so unique that creating the right balance of program and timelessness was a welcome challenge."

Concord has been building Canada's largest lifestyle-forward urban communities for over 30 years. Concord Pacific Place in Vancouver and Concord CityPlace in Toronto are the country's two largest urban master-plans. Concord also expanded to Seattle's tech hub in the United States and London, UK including the completion of Principal Tower in the Principal Place neighbourhood, home to Amazon UK. These communities are renowned for their vibrant urban planning and have been emulated globally. The award-winning developer is Canada's most substantial contributor of city parks and privately funded public art. In addition to their design sustained neighbourhoods, the company's green energy arm generates twice the amount of energy needed to power them.

4 - Second living room - Photo by Steve Tsai.jpg

3 - Concord Bridge Suite - Photo by Steve Tsai.jpg

5 - Concord Bridge Suite - Photo by Steve Tsai.jpg
6 - Concord Bridge Suite - Photo by Steve Tsai.jpg
11 - Concord Bridge Suite - Photo by Steve Tsai.jpg
Master bathroom 2 - Photo by Steve Tsai.jpg

images by Steve Tsai

Last edited:
Intriguing this is only coming to market (7?) years after completion.

If I recall, the residences at the Shard (2012) in London, UK also remain untouched, 8+ years after completion.

There are no floor plans with the suite, but…

The lower level of the SkyBridge is an amenity for Parade residents. This suite gets the upper floor of the SkyBridge, west side, plus the deck above it. It also gets
portions of the three floors in the west tower immediately adjacent to the SkyBridge, one that's half a flight below the SkyBridge interior space, one half a flight above, and one that's at deck level. Deck level in the West Tower gets a sunroom and bar plus I believe a bedroom and bathroom. The middle floor in the West Tower gets the master bedroom, walk-in-closet, study, and master bathroom. The SkyBridge gets the kitchen, the Dining area/Living area combo, and another more intimate sitting area just to the east of the "fireplace" (which you can see in the first photo I posted). The lowest floor in the West Tower might only be the entry for the suite… but maybe there's another bedroom there?

Anyway, that's what I've been able to work out though scanning the pics I've posted (and others that I haven't). Maybe others know more?

Yes, that's a lot of money for that suite in that building, but I assume it will be what someone is looking for…

Back