Toronto Oriole GO Station Relocation | 8.81m | 1s | Metrolinx | Architecture 49

Little bit old, but I found these on the AIC and thought they make more sense of where this relocated station will ultimately end up. Is this the first station-over-a-road in the GTA? Also, gotta love the BiLevel EMU:

Thank you for the renders ProjectEnd, I absolutely love the station extending over Sheppard. I’ve been awaiting this relocation for the 17 years I’ve lived in the area. I’m just worried about whether this is actually happening?

The most recent update dated November 21 indicates that Metrolinx intends to extend the platform north to the bridge at Esther Shiner Blvd (for the 401 ramp relocation). Hopefully this is just a temporary wooden platform:

A platform extension to Esther Shiner Blvd. will be built to accommodate a 10-car train.

I’m also curious how they intend to maintain the connection to Leslie St or Esther Shiner via the new bridge connecting to Woodsworth, once the relocation has happened.

Not sure if I am looking at these renderings correctly, but are they really planning for 20+ surface parking spots in the middle of the drop off loop? I

Thank you for the renders ProjectEnd, I absolutely love the station extending over Sheppard. I’ve been awaiting this relocation for the 17 years I’ve lived in the area. I’m just worried about whether this is actually happening?

The most recent update dated November 21 indicates that Metrolinx intends to extend the platform north to the bridge at Esther Shiner Blvd (for the 401 ramp relocation). Hopefully this is just a temporary wooden platform:

A platform extension to Esther Shiner Blvd. will be built to accommodate a 10-car train.

I’m also curious how they intend to maintain the connection to Leslie St or Esther Shiner via the new bridge connecting to Woodsworth, once the relocation has happened.

Forgive me, I am a year too late. I have lived in the area for decades, the bridge over the train tracks has always been an asset. I was very disappointed to find out that nothing was done to help cyclist cross over the bridge. You are forced to carry your bicycle up and down. I'm not a young man anymore, I attempted to climb with my bike one time this summer and had to give up halfway, luckily I was able to make it back down. It would've been extremely beneficial to add a small 6"-8" flat strip along the edge of the stairs so one could at least "walk" their bicycle up and down. It just doesn't make sense when they've gone so far to make that area bicycle friendly.

Again, I'm disappointed and I wish that I had known sooner and was able to voice my opinion as well as others whom I've spoken to that feel the same way. While I highly doubt anybody is going to pay attention to this forum, I would at least like to put my two cents out there. It's something I feel could easily be implemented at any time. If anybody does happen to read this, please forward to the appropriate person. It really is a shame that nobody had the foresight to take this into consideration given the current climate to push for more accessibility.

Forgive me, I am a year too late. I have lived in the area for decades, the bridge over the train tracks has always been an asset. I was very disappointed to find out that nothing was done to help cyclist cross over the bridge. You are forced to carry your bicycle up and down. I'm not a young man anymore, I attempted to climb with my bike one time this summer and had to give up halfway, luckily I was able to make it back down. It would've been extremely beneficial to add a small 6"-8" flat strip along the edge of the stairs so one could at least "walk" their bicycle up and down. It just doesn't make sense when they've gone so far to make that area bicycle friendly.

Again, I'm disappointed and I wish that I had known sooner and was able to voice my opinion as well as others whom I've spoken to that feel the same way. While I highly doubt anybody is going to pay attention to this forum, I would at least like to put my two cents out there. It's something I feel could easily be implemented at any time. If anybody does happen to read this, please forward to the appropriate person. It really is a shame that nobody had the foresight to take this into consideration given the current climate to push for more accessibility.
Considering the new bridge just went up in 2020 (I think) it's unfathomable that Metrolinx did not add such a basic amenity as bike ramps along the sides of both staircases. As it stands, the station is a nightmare for accessibility and wayfinding. I used it to cross over the 401 by bike last weekend, and had quite a time. I made it, but I totally commiserate with those with heavier bikes or older or disabled folks who can't haul up and down.

If interested, here's a video of my journey.

Considering the new bridge just went up in 2020 (I think) it's unfathomable that Metrolinx did not add such a basic amenity as bike ramps along the sides of both staircases. As it stands, the station is a nightmare for accessibility and wayfinding. I used it to cross over the 401 by bike last weekend, and had quite a time. I made it, but I totally commiserate with those with heavier bikes or older or disabled folks who can't haul up and down.

If interested, here's a video of my journey.
Thanks for sharing the video and your feedback!

Back