Toronto Origami Lofts Condos | 22.55m | 7s | Symmetry | Teeple Architects

That looks fragile. Almost origami-like, i.e., "folding paper" from the name's original Japanese meaning.

I don't mind the shininess of the cladding, but that was unexpected and the material doesn't seem to be most appropriate unless it was impeccably installed which here I don't see much of. The standing seams are extremely difficult to line up at the angled edges and the trim around the windows seems to be crudely cut on site.

Speaking of shiny buildings, I really like these two stainless steel clad apartment buildings in Chelsea next to the Highline, but then again that cladding probably costs a small fortune:
08-DSC_5673.jpg

photo courtesy of David Giral Photography

I don't mind the shininess of the cladding, but that was unexpected and the material doesn't seem to be most appropriate unless it was impeccably installed which here I don't see much of. The standing seams are extremely difficult to line up at the angled edges and the trim around the windows seems to be crudely cut on site.

Speaking of shiny buildings, I really like these two stainless steel clad apartment buildings in Chelsea next to the Highline, but then again that cladding probably costs a small fortune:
08-DSC_5673.jpg

photo courtesy of David Giral Photography

That's very nice.

From today:
IMG_5890.jpg
IMG_5892.jpg
IMG_5894.jpg
IMG_5895.jpg
IMG_5896.jpg
IMG_5898.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5890.jpg
    IMG_5890.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 476
  • IMG_5892.jpg
    IMG_5892.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 466
  • IMG_5894.jpg
    IMG_5894.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 503
  • IMG_5895.jpg
    IMG_5895.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 427
  • IMG_5896.jpg
    IMG_5896.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 421
  • IMG_5898.jpg
    IMG_5898.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 490
I was personally hoping for a smoother cladding material, and was imagining this as being a cyan blue, but now that I am over the initial shock of the industrial cladding... its kind of growing on me. I love the crystal form, and the industrial quality is definitely different. I think whether this turned out how I had envisioned it, it is still a great unique addition.

I really like this. It shakes up thing in the neighbourhood and the design is nothing like anything else in the building. Very unique, could be a bit better quality but it is what it is.

Woooah! Y'know, one would think this kind of metallic material would be used to be slapped on a 30+ year old rental property in a rather distasteful manner, but this development actually makes the material have its own respective quality to it. IMO, I like the rustic-ish/industrious look of this building, which at the same time maintains a modernist style with the windows and balconies. I can see why people may not like it, but it definitely has a cool clashing idea to it with the different design principles used. I agree with the person who posted above about this being like no other building anywhere nearby, this building is in itself its own architectural exceptionality with how its design was executed with the materials and overall massing. I think the most slight, and very slight similarity I can make with this is the EY Tower in the CBD, which also has that geometrically angular ideal to it. Overall, I'm impressed with this development. (Apologies for long post)

Back