Toronto Origami Lofts Condos | 22.55m | 7s | Symmetry | Teeple Architects

I don't think anyone takes issue with the design or massing, but rather the poor execution of the detailing and construction of said detailing.

The same could be said about the interior. The term "loft" has been used very liberally here. There are lots of exposed electrical boxes and conduit, and some ducts and pipes, which are distracting and looks rather unfinished and haphazard.

It looks like they folded the trim in a way it wasn't designed for to seal off corners. The overall effect looks rushed and poorly thought out. This is a case where greater attention to detail would have really helped.

I wondered how they were able to make the economics of this one work. Looks like some corner-cutting was involved... and not just the corners that were cut in Teeple's design. ;)

Just read the cbc article and was surprised that the developer stated that the buyers have "...been trashing their unit," he told CBC Toronto in a telephone interview Tuesday. Hussain also says they haven't paid their fees."

It'd appear the developer had entered the buyers' unit without their permission(?) since it seems to have been empty for awhile. Can developers do that after a buyer has taken possession? Barring for obvious immediate health/safety reasons. I'd be too afraid to buy into this building if I were a home hunter.

Taken yesterday, I gotta say that in person, this thing isn't as nice looking as what a photo shows, and this article isn't incredibly surprising:
DSC_0118.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0118.JPG
    DSC_0118.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 674
I don't blame the NIMBYs here. This is exactly why they put up such a fight. Against developers like this who put up crap and harm the neighbourhood. What an eyesore

Just read the cbc article and was surprised that the developer stated that the buyers have "...been trashing their unit," he told CBC Toronto in a telephone interview Tuesday. Hussain also says they haven't paid their fees."

It'd appear the developer had entered the buyers' unit without their permission(?) since it seems to have been empty for awhile. Can developers do that after a buyer has taken possession? Barring for obvious immediate health/safety reasons. I'd be too afraid to buy into this building if I were a home hunter.

Yes. Especially if there is work to be done.

Taken yesterday, I gotta say that in person, this thing isn't as nice looking as what a photo shows, and this article isn't incredibly surprising:
View attachment 102291

The concept is good but the choice of the external skin feels "unfinished", as if awaiting for the final and polished surface panels to be "capped" onto it. A smooth surface with metallic sheen would have worked nicely.

I am very confused by the hate for this building on here. I like it quite a bit. Is it 10/10? no, but it is far better than most of the stuff put up in this city. It's a positive addition to the neighborhood at the very least.

Back