Toronto oneeleven Condominiums | 55.47m | 17s | Harhay | Core Architects

lolz i knew Waddington's wanted to sell this property years ago, it was just a matter of time. A year ago I would have thought Freed would be the buyer, but clearly he believes the area is either overpriced or has too many nimbies....

Are you talking about the same Freed who is building the Bathurst Street building of 650 King 10 feet away from this proposal?. Actually I am glad it is not Freed. This proposal is way better than any of Freeds latest imo and has a chance of being built in a reasonable amount of time, not the average 5 years that Freed's take anymore.

Last edited:
Excuse me? We never claimed credit for "discovering" this project. Urbanation tweets info for the benefit of our clients, that might not be following UrbanDreamer on twitter - our tweets are shown on our subscriber homepage and on our LinkedIn profile. Does he find things before Urbanation, of course, the guy is a real estate savant and has made our job easier. And to be truthfull, we knew the general size and unit count the building would take from the confidential land sale package we received from Ashlar Urban in February 2011.

To suggest that we have no scruples is slanderous and that we are a condo developer mouthpiece is ridiculous. I suggest not making remarks of this type in the future unless you know what you are talking about.

Ok, I have removed the last sentence since you are offended. Sorry.

I will now use your words.....

from your twitter account @BenMyers29 Sep 6 "@UrbanToronto I was being facetious when I said u should ban Nimby's, however too many nuts hurts your cred as a legit site"

That is your statement to UrbanToronto describing both the Wellington Place Neighbourhood Association and the Niagara Neighbourhood Now as "nuts" for opposing your likely clients Minto and Freed at Front/Bathurst through their StopMintoFreed online efforts. Looking at their site's petitions update, it appears that there are at least 373 of those "nuts" living in this area affected by this potential development by your clients.

Perhaps YOU should not be making remarks of this type in the future unless YOU know what you are talking about.

S'Bus

S'Bus: I appreciate you removing that last remark.

I was not refering specifically to the wellingington place association and niagara now folks, and you are right I should not have refered to any NIMBY as "nuts". I should have used "uniformed", not all, but in my readings of statments made at public meetings and having read the comments of several of those people on this site, they have not done their research, and do not know the basic planning principles.

Should you want to discuss what Urbanation does, how we benefit the industry and our mandate, my office is at 10 Price St in Toronto and I'd be happy to speak to you.

lolz i knew Waddington's wanted to sell this property years ago, it was just a matter of time. A year ago I would have thought Freed would be the buyer, but clearly he believes the area is either overpriced or has too many nimbies....

i thought this had freed's name written all over it as well. i suspect pricing was the deterrent as i recall this trading for a ridiculously high number if i'm not mistaken...

Not a lot of back yards in the area. You should come check it out sometimes.

Are you talking about the same Freed who is building the Bathurst Street building of 650 King 10 feet away from this proposal?. Actually I am glad it is not Freed. This proposal is way better than any of Freeds latest imo and has a chance of being built in a reasonable amount of time, not the average 5 years that Freed's take anymore.

Interestingly, the architect is Core, Same as 650 King.

I should have used "uniformed", not all, but in my readings of statments made at public meetings and having read the comments of several of those people on this site, they have not done their research, and do not know the basic planning principles.

What, in your opinion, constitutes basic planning principles?

^Exactly. More like "Not-in-My-BalconY"

However, which came first--Freed and developers buying land here or condo buyers?

I'll go by your exact usage and point out that no one in their right mind would want a development butting up "in" their balcony. As for the rest of your post, I'll point out to you that there would be no Freed without condo buyers. That's a simple fact whether you like it or not. And as for Freed vacating the neighbourhood because of land prices, that's his own fault. He shouldn't have bid up so high, otherwise he wouldn't be selling 400+ overpriced shoeboxes at 621 King.

What, you guys in the hood own it to Freed for having the balls years ago to transform a pretty dull area to what it is today......how quickly people forget.:mad:

Howard Cohen from Context had bigger balls in developing 20 Niagara way before Freed used other people's money to do his first project on Stewart. How quickly people forget.:mad:

What, you guys in the hood own it to Freed for having the balls years ago to transform a pretty dull area to what it is today......how quickly people forget.:mad:

You also fail to mention the city's rezoning initiatives which made this type of redevelopment possible, the King-Spadina Secondary Plan, the investment of Allied Properties, the investment of many other individuals and businesses in the neighbourhood, and as Spadina Bus has noted, Context's investment in the area prior to Freed. You also fail to take into consideration the people already living in the vicinity who worked hard to see the neighbourhood revived and rejuvenated.

Anyway, my point still stands whether you like it or not: had there been no buyers for Freed's buildings there would be no Freed Developments. The people who bought in this neighbourhood is what made Freed. I'm sure even he recognizes that.

Back