Toronto oneeleven Condominiums | 55.47m | 17s | Harhay | Core Architects

This one looks great in the renderings, but there probably won't be very much contrast between the glassed sections that jut out and the glass sections that are flush. That's the thing with glass curtain walls - they don't produce a very good perception of depth. When you consider that they protrude out as much as the balconies, and that the balconies will themselves have glass panels, the effect will be the same as having a solid block on top of that brick podium.

On the plus side, the podium will look good regardless.

Maybe if you are looking at it from a couple of kilometres away it would look like a solid wall but certainly not from the immediate vicinity. The Thompson building shows contrast from the street level and 650 King while not finished as of yet is already showing contrast. I agree that the podium looks good and think the rest will too.

Last edited:
Come-on lol:D...Away from the old Bathurst street steel bridge being historical and symbolic in the area, there is no merit there of it being a gateway to that upper neighbourhood.

Why? Just because you say so?

like i said before you flip-flop all over the place, arent you the one that all along has said, that the area south of Front street is another neighbourhood.

Your comments are non-sensical. You can look north can't you? People who walk, cycle or drive can do so in a northerly direction, can't they?

Also strange, cause when i was a little guy living in the area we thought vise-versa...

So? That's supposed to be an argument of some sort?

Gristle, it's no use, logic and reason don't apply here.

Agreed. Automation Gallery posts "Yeah, thats if area residents let it...this one at 16-17 storeys might just not fly with them.
Unfortunately they are more worried about height than design" and then he cries fowl when someone calls him on it. Same old same old - Boring!!!

Last edited:
Come on guys, sit back, enjoy the ride and see what happens here (111 Bathurst)...
..Bet you will be surprised that this project (as nice and perfect as it is) doesnt go through the smooth process of city approval that you think.

^Stated by me 17 Sept 2011.:)
Don't forget that Urbanation is the biggest condo developer hype mouthpiece around and want to take credit for everything. They are almost as bad as saying Tarion protects condo homeowners.
S'Bus

Last edited:
Excuse me? We never claimed credit for "discovering" this project. Urbanation tweets info for the benefit of our clients, that might not be following UrbanDreamer on twitter - our tweets are shown on our subscriber homepage and on our LinkedIn profile. Does he find things before Urbanation, of course, the guy is a real estate savant and has made our job easier. And to be truthfull, we knew the general size and unit count the building would take from the confidential land sale package we received from Ashlar Urban in February 2011.

To suggest that we have no scruples is slanderous and that we are a condo developer mouthpiece is ridiculous. I suggest not making remarks of this type in the future unless you know what you are talking about.

Hey, we're the three real estate gurus...urbanation, urbantoronto, urbandreamer...let's all get along! then there's those cool buzzbuzzhomies...:D

It's true I'm very competitive and a real estate geek, but urbanation has figured out how to make a buck off this knowledge...someday I will too...

Hate to burst your bubble, but a lot of people knew about this before you did urbandreamer.

Back