Toronto oneeleven Condominiums | 55.47m | 17s | Harhay | Core Architects

Nope. I've never used a tripod. (I do use "temporary" tripods like street furniture, car roofs, telephone booths etc though.) I'd only use a tripod if I ever upgrade to a mirrorless camera like the next version of Samsung's NX500..
Ah well - another urban geek then.

I always wonder if it's a forumer when I see someone gawking at a construction site or taking pictures of development signs.

Someday I'll make an effort to use manual mode to get better photos.
rx4HHTV.jpg

xCHieVN.jpg

RGkAyyX.jpg

brick vs precast ... guess which one's the winner here?
PZktzfA.jpg

hJoEDip.jpg

The problem with DSLR-style cameras is they're a pain to haul around, which is why I prefer the convenience of my Galaxy Camera 2. Bonus: it's a fantastic little tablet to view UT threads :)

"The problem with DSLR-style cameras is they're a pain to haul around, which is why I prefer the convenience of my Galaxy Camera 2. Bonus: it's a fantastic little tablet to view UT threads :)"

I'm no expert with cameras but my wife has owned a galaxy s3 and s4 phones and their pic quality seem to look better then your pics. Maybe just an upgrade might help. I also understand why you wouldn't like to carry a large dslr camera either that's why I'd recommend a compact micro four thirds. They are able to interchange lens, and have similar quality as dslrs but in a more compact style. I use mine in auto mode and it still takes great photos. If you buy a cheap one you can always upgrade down the road to a great lens.

Yeah the camera side of the GC2 isn't the best--it needs a 1" sensor, at least 30X zoom, an upgrade to 30+ megapixels and triple the battery life--Samsung are you listening?--the real reason my images suck is twofold: compressing from giant file size and lazy photography--I'm so used to the P&S approach.:(

This morning, I started to use it in manual mode:
oPCqqVL.jpg

I can vouch that the LG G3 has/had the best camera on any smartphone- now the LG G4's is even better. The quality is truly astounding for a phone, I rarely bother with my DSLR anymore unless I'm shooting at night or specifically want a long exposure.

Actually I really don't need a phone.:p What I need is a really good camera with a 5" touch display--basically the Galaxy Camera 3 if it ever comes out. Being into architectural deets, a zoom lens is important to me. I really wish Samsung would combine their S6 Active concept (tough water & shockproof case) with the Note series and toss in a powerful detachable zoom lens. The Galaxy Note Active Zoom? Because being a hardcore urbangeek, I need to be able to shoot window dressing and concrete in rain snow and grime.:)

I do like the new Nexus 6P and may get it, although I agree the new Sony Z5 is tempting but is it worth $1100?

Last edited:
Actually I really don't need a phone.:p What I need is a really good camera with a 5" touch display--basically the Galaxy Camera 3 if it ever comes out. Being into architectural deets, a zoom lens is important to me. I really wish Samsung would combine their S6 Active concept (tough water & shockproof case) with the Note series and toss in a powerful detachable zoom lens. The Galaxy Note Active Zoom? Because being a hardcore urbangeek, I need to be able to shoot window dressing and concrete in rain snow and grime.:)

I do like the new Nexus 6P and may get it, although I agree the new Sony Z5 is tempting but is it worth $1100?

Are any of these phones worth the price? I guess it would depend on how it fits your needs. If you're constantly snapping pix..it might be.

Back