Toronto One Sherway | ?m | 32s | Menkes | P + S / IBI

K

kpad

The GO Bus to Hamilton took an unusual detour to get around some construction on the QEW, and I got a good look at One Sherway. Cranes are up for both buildings, and they are well into building the parking garage.

I think that intensifying this area is a great idea. It's smack dab in the middle of a transit corridor. Plus, if the west Queensway (Loggia is pretty much done, by the way) and Sherway continue to develop, maybe there will be an incentive to build better transit.

[Edited for spelling. I'm on a smart type Blackberry here.]

Picture473-1.jpg

Snapped that yesterday afternoon. Hard to imagine that this will be 32 stories followed by a second tower at 26 stories since there are no other tall buildings anywhere near! I hope many more of these pop up around there so that it won't feel so isolated.

Thanks for this, interesting to see how this is coming along. It's true, it's such a very odd place for new towers, and yet it does make perfect sense.

On a not-in-the-core towers note, I see that Minto Roehampton is done and occupied, and I think quite a reasonable building. Roehampton is a street with mid-rise residentials from many eras, and Minto Roehampton is an honourable early 21st century addition to that.

Snapped that yesterday afternoon. Hard to imagine that this will be 32 stories followed by a second tower at 26 stories since there are no other tall buildings anywhere near! I hope many more of these pop up around there so that it won't feel so isolated.

Well there are the two buildings across the street. At 10-12 storeys they're not nearly as high, but they're certainly not two storey detached houses. Certainly an ideal location for intensification, and its far from any houses. The closes houses are on the other side of the QEW. The NIMBY movement from these neighbours was pathetic.

If I were buying, I'd buy in this part of town.. Aside from the towers, the Queensway is getting a lot of new infill condo projects that are really going to transform the neighbourhood over the next 10 years.

This one has really risen and is ruining my view of downtown from Mississauga City Centre. It's almost completely blocking FCP :(
I'll take some picture illustrating what I mean when I get my camera back from being fixed.

Whole Foods

Does anyone knew if the new Sherway location of Whole Foods is going into this development?

Or is it going into Sherways Gardens or somewhere else.

They posted on their site that they're adding a Sherway location @ 50,000 square feet.

No address listed though.

This one has really risen and is ruining my view of downtown from Mississauga City Centre. It's almost completely blocking FCP :(
I'll take some picture illustrating what I mean when I get my camera back from being fixed.

There's three more of these, so I wouldn't be surprised if your view is completely blocked - eventually.

It's been 6 months since my last photo update of this one, so I figured it was time again. Enjoy!

There's the mall to the right of the picture:
Sept.1307003.jpg

Sept.1307005.jpg

Sept.1307006.jpg

Sept.1307008.jpg

Sept.1307009.jpg

Sept.1307010.jpg

Sept.1307011.jpg

Sept.1307012.jpg

Hey, what's that I see?? Can it be - painted undersides of balconies?? I hear they don't even do that on those fancy new condos downtown! :p
Sept.1307013.jpg

Sept.1307014.jpg

Nice to see density going up around a shopping centre :) I'm all for that.

I like its Pinnacle Centre-esque strong vertical lines on the one part of the towers. It's looking pretty sharp... I like the precast colour too, actually.

Will it just be townhomes at sidewalk level?

This area has been screaming for this sort of added density for a long time! The first two towers are already making a good visual impact as you enter the city from the west on the QEW. For visitors to Toronto its almost like a gateway marking the borders of the "big city"...

Back