Toronto One Rainsford | ?m | 6s | The Riedel Group | Richard Ziegler

This is indeed a beautiful project. The city would be well served with more of these types of buildings.

^Agreed. Slowly but surely the modernist avenues-midrise is starting to become a recognizable and long overdue presence on our streetscape.

Time to get the main render in this thread without needing to click on a thumbnail...
and time to get the back render in too.

OneRainsford.jpg

OneRainsfordBack.jpg

I wonder how affordable this building will be? I could do with another 1000 similar structure throughout the city but, I imagine the pricepoint being well above what most could afford. Or, do people actually desire to live anonymously in some 300 unit vertical suburb?

I like this building. Toronto needs more midrises from 6 to 12 stories tall. I'd love to see the areas east of the Don, filled with midrises.

Sold out and under construction. Not sure of the timetable for phase 2, I have not see an application for it yet - heard a rumour there is still one property they need to acquire, not sure if that is accurate.

Status?

Wondering if anyone has any insight on the construction of this building.

I live down the street and have been watching it go up ever so slowly ... very slowly ... and have wondered if the developer was having technical problems or if there were issues in the construction process.

There was a noticeable fire on the west side of the building about two months ago. The exterior looks like it has been started, stopped, started, and left incomplete in many areas. To a layman, it actually seemed like work on the exterior was halted or changed mid-process ( stucco or some other type of application sitting mid-completion in areas for a couple of months ). And the odd blue covering that they've applied to parts of the building seems inconsistently applied - with parts of it smooth and crisply put on, while other parts are a mess of yellow goop and air bubbles.

I'm just a curious watcher since I'm local to the area, but it feels like this has been one of the slowest projects I've ever witnessed. Love to hear some thoughts if anyone actually knows about this building.

Cheers!

Back