Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

From the south.
IMG_4269.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4269.JPG
    IMG_4269.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 274
It looks great from the north looking visage and it has still has a LOT of balcony glass to go... I'm thinking this will be absolutely stunning when the effect is finished... Note to balcony glass install team: Please keep going as fast as possible; I'd love to see it complete when I get to TO in late May!

The building positively shimmers in early morning light (~7:30/8) - the balcony glass is visibly semi-translucent and the curtainwall just catches the light reflectively.

AoD

I like it when a building of this caliber gets built and puts some of the recent subpar buildings to shame.

One minor thing id like to see different is the (2nd story?)podiums corner glass at young/bloor be curved rather then angled. I think it might play off the curves of the rest of the building better.

Looks like they have filled in that double height retail space on the GF.

Last edited:
In some of the renderings it looks like there is a slant on the roof. Is that still happening or am I just seeing things in the renderings that aren't really there?

I wonder if they are regretting this design given the obvious complexity of the balcony glass. Even the builder must be annoyed by the laborious installation process.

Back