Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Not sure if this has been asked yet but I wonder why the cladding is different on the uppermost patio. Every other curved railing has white glass with near invisible framing but this one and only this one has white glass with distinct black framing.

I remember that it was one of the first to be installed. I wonder if they changed their minds and will revert that to the newer style.

It ensures the appearance of a consistent slab edge around the whole building. The real slab, which sits behind the cladding, varies in height (which is normal), but this makes it look the same the whole way around.

These pictures from urbandreamer illustrate this:

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/thread...f-hariri-pontarini.10109/page-347#post-915027

Entrance way on Bloor taking shape. I would have preferred the entrance to be on Hayden with retail exclusively on Bloor and Yonge.

IMG_2677.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2677.JPG
    IMG_2677.JPG
    410.7 KB · Views: 1,961
That would make sense. However I think that people who bought here want a Bloor street address and a Bloor Street entrance rather than a 'back door' entrance.

Just got an opinion,One Bloor West just stole all the “landmarkiness” away from this project. If One Bloor West was Michael Jackson, One Bloor East would be like Tito.

Even in the artist rendering you can see One Bloor East shown in One Bloor West’s shadow. Sadly for One Bloor Easters they will literally (as the sun moves West after mid-day) and figuratively be living in One Bloor West’s shadow.

Just got an opinion,One Bloor West just stole all the “landmarkiness” away from this project. If One Bloor West was Michael Jackson, One Bloor East would be like Tito.

Even in the artist rendering you can see One Bloor East shown in One Bloor West’s shadow. Sadly for One Bloor Easters they will literally (as the sun moves West after mid-day) and figuratively be living in One Bloor West’s shadow.

I'd say more like Janet than Tito... I mean, 1 Bloor East will still be a beauty thanks to her curves, and will be able to stand on her own even in 1 Bloor West's shadow. Crystal Blue to the West of 1 Bloor West is more like Tito.

Back