Toronto Oben Flats Leslieville | 23.47m | 6s | Oben Flats | superkül

Yeah. I've been enjoying watching this space transform. Great scale and a welcome development to this stretch of Queen East.

22436944750_9726e28725_h.jpg

22598860126_255cb1c869_h.jpg

parking stackers are being used at Hive lofts on the Queensway.

Yup, also:

1128 Yonge
2221 Yonge (Tower Hill)
Beach Hill Condos (Woodbine & Gerard)
Trump Tower
Albany Medical Clinic
Abacus Lofts (Dundas W)
Cube Lofts (College St.)
Kartelle Lofts (Queen and Pape)
42 Camden
169 John St.
479 Queen W

Coming along....more windows installed + cladding (around the south side). Taken this afternoon...

Oben1.jpg
Oben2.jpg
Oben3.jpg
Oben4.jpg

The brick seems a little lighter than I expected from the renderings. Makes a pleasant change from the ubiquitous black brick you often see these days - the mottled look gives it a more textured warmer tone.

Oben5.jpg
Oben6.jpg

Attachments

• Oben1.jpg
    Oben1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,055
  • Oben2.jpg
    Oben2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,054
  • Oben3.jpg
    Oben3.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 1,019
  • Oben4.jpg
    Oben4.jpg
    468.7 KB · Views: 994
  • Oben5.jpg
    Oben5.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 1,039
  • Oben6.jpg
    Oben6.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 987
I can't find any info on how much these units are expected to rent for. Does anyone have an idea? I believe they range in size from 465sq to 1200sq.

I emailed the developer and no response. I looks like the project has hit a snag. Not sure what is happening, but very few people working at the site these days. Winter sucks, but still could they not work?

I emailed the developer and no response. I looks like the project has hit a snag. Not sure what is happening, but very few people working at the site these days. Winter sucks, but still could they not work?

No snags apparent last week when I braved some pretty cold wind chill to snap some pics. Saw one or two workers on the front balconies, and several workers out back.

Brick essentially all laid out back, partially along the east side plus a titch out front. (Taken today).

Oben_1.jpg

Along the side, ground level only it appears...

Oben_2.jpg
Oben_3.jpg

Some brick out front, on the left...

Oben_4.jpg
Oben_5.jpg

Attachments

• Oben_1.jpg
    Oben_1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 707
  • Oben_2.jpg
    Oben_2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 712
  • Oben_3.jpg
    Oben_3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 758
  • Oben_4.jpg
    Oben_4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 684
  • Oben_5.jpg
    Oben_5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 732
Last edited:
It appears to be the highest quality ironspot brick with a nice combination of purple and brown tinted bricks to go with the more out-and-out gray slate ones, making for a really engagingly rich palette. If all our gray brick looked like this, there wouldn't be such a call to kill it.

Not that I want all of our brick to be gray, even if it's good gray like this.

Back