93     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 371     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
I do. The signs are up in the windows on the south side of King between Church and Jarvis, where Samsung and Ikea have had pop up shops the last couple of summers.

Yes, and there are lots of guys who wear suits in the hood, and the only other place to go is the tailor on Colbourne and the one on Wellington at Scott.

I never bought a thing from Black's. I found them too expensive.

Until I switched to digital everything, there was probably no store I patronized more frequently than Black's. They were the best back then. I have quite the history with them.

The Gap is closing 175 stores. It used to be our go-to when we had young teens, but it's been a lot of years since I've shopped there. http://www.thestar.com/business/2015/06/15/gap-to-shut-175-stores-in-turnaround-attempt.html

Lately, I've been more of a Banana Republic girl. Many stores carry petite sizes (while Gap and Old Navy only sell petites online). I'm a short, small framed gal and would like options where I don't have to send things to the tailor. I know Banana isn't doing that well either, but I think for a certain segment, it's a better option than GAP. I tend to buy loungey clothes from Old Navy, mostly online, since Old Navy is usually a huge mess (my closest store is Eaton Centre).

Aesop, the Australian skin care store, is opening at 880 Queen Street West. A window display is up but I wasn't able to take a picture. Hopefully, judging by their stores around the world, this store will be beautiful.

Uncle Tetsu is expanding. They will have a "matcha café" in an adjacent space.

Speaking of Uncle Tetsu's, how is their cheesecake? Every time I walk by, there seems to be a lineup extending out onto Bay Street but I've never had the patience to wait and try it out. I ask the question because the online reviews for this Toronto location seem to be mixed.

I honestly don't like it one bit; The best description I can give is simply this: Angle food cake + cheese cake => A very very light and airy cheese cake

I shouldn't say I don't like it, it's just meh, if you're a big fan of cheese cake I'll wager you won't like it because its so light, if you don't like cheese cake then you make actually like it quite a bit !

It is much better cold as well, so get a piece and take it home

Back