Toronto MYC Merton Yonge Condominiums | ?m | 24s | Cresford | a—A

sales person seemed to have dodged my question purposely, so no I don't know where sales % are at

this was the only shot taken of the model (this is the only angle where reception girl is blocked from view...sitting RIGHT behind the model in this pic...it is a very open sales office)

The floorplans on the whole seem to be quite good. It seems more and more rare to find well designed layouts these days. I think Charlie also had some decent floorplans as well.

Floorplans are all well and good, but if the building isn't built properly the buyers get screwed. When are people in Toronto going to start buying value instead of empty promises?

Show me one survey on customer satisfaction where Cresford hasn't placed dead last. Why would anyone invest hundreds of thousands of dollars with them knowing they're going to screw you. Bernie Madoff would love to meet you all.

Price drops at MYC.
I was wondering why I saw cars in the parking lot today for the first time in months.

15514_myc_eblast10.jpg

A location on the subway line in north midtown with unobstructed south views. If someone is looking to buy there, buy there now, the developer is lowering prices to get to the sales level to secure financing and then the prices will shoot back up.

If you look at any of the buildings in the area completed in the last 10 years, most of them are trading at over $500 psf.

Nope sorry ... :)

Have a look on MLS friend ;)

Units further North at Y&E are going for well under 500psf now ... depending on your luck you can get stuff in the low 400s psf (dare I say high 300s sooner then later)! I'm referring to new buildings! ... if these are pre-construction prices then ...

Overpriced.

I just worked on a project in this area, send me your email and I will give you the exact statistics on the average psf for sales between January 1, 2008 and February 28, 2009 on projects registered in the last 10 years in the area.

CDR,

I sent the info off to Taal, perhaps you should send me your email as well.

This project is as much a Yonge/Eglinton site as it is a Yonge/St. Clair site.

Remember there is a premium on brand new and you need to look at the sales price, not the listing price.

Sites like 88 on Broadway, 900 Mt. Pleasant, Panache, 83 Redpath, Domain are all inferior sites to MYC. In terms of Q4 sales at Quantum 1 and Quantum 2 (Minto Midtown), they came out at about $480 psf, so $229,900 for 519 sf at MYC is a pretty good deal.

Say all you want about prices of Yonge + Eglinton projects, I don't think Davisville is a comparable location to Y+E (restaurants, street-life, etc) at all ... perhaps more comparable buildings/location would be Conservatory Group's Rio Towers, Shiu Pong's Radius, and Monarch's Domain (which are likely cheaper than Y+E), and in terms of built quality Cresford and Minto are 2 totally different leagues (Minto's much nicer) ... who knows when MYC will be built given the 'Cresford heritage'? :p

Back