Toronto MYC Merton Yonge Condominiums | ?m | 24s | Cresford | a—A

Great little project from Cresford. Only 205 units. Some great floor plans and those south views will be amazing. Prices from about $500 per foot, but going up to over $600 per foot for the prime south facing units on high floors.

Key driver of this one is the great location. Think about all the hundreds of projects that have launched in Toronto over the past couple years...how many of them were directly on Yonge st? They aren't making any more land on Yonge st!

What I really like are some of the townhomes in the podium level. Starting from as low as $459K for about 934 sq ft - 2 bed, 2 bath.

For those interested, some info on MYC

Click to download:

VIP preview pricing
Podium Floor Plans
Tower Floor Plans

FPs are surprisingly good, some nice large balconies too.

I'm very doubtful of the Tentative Occupancy of November 30, 2011.
It'll take them at least 3 years to build and they haven't even sold anything yet, let alone break ground.

PLUS, this is Cresford ... my best guess is 2014. :D

And if you like pharmacies you're in luck. This part of town appeals to older people, so I wouldn't be surprised if this condo fills up with them.

The floorplans on the whole seem to be quite good. It seems more and more rare to find well designed layouts these days. I think Charlie also had some decent floorplans as well.

Well, the neighbourhood is boring, as I discovered the other day. Unless you're an alcoholic....

We have several friends who live on Merton, and yes, it is not quite King west. The bars further down Merton are awful, but the Bow & Arrow up the street on Yonge is decent. Really, the biggest draw for me to buy in this unit would be the certain knowledge that a south-facing unit would never have its views blocked, because of Mt. Pleasant Cemetary. I'd be worried about the noise, though. Subways pass by every few minutes on open ground, plus firetrucks and ambulances use Yonge street constantly.

I'd be worried about the noise, though. Subways pass by every few minutes on open ground, plus firetrucks and ambulances use Yonge street constantly.

Drivers on Merton are also surprisingly angry and there's lots of delivery truck traffic.

Really, the biggest draw for me to buy in this unit would be the certain knowledge that a south-facing unit would never have its views blocked, because of Mt. Pleasant Cemetary. I'd be worried about the noise, though. Subways pass by every few minutes on open ground, plus firetrucks and ambulances use Yonge street constantly.

I'll bet the agents will push the views but forget the noisy subway lines.:D
Many potential buyers may not notice the subway noise since they'll be in the presentation center and not face the subway directly.

OTH, when this gets completed, it may make for a difficult sale for future owners.

I got the floor plans and found them quite good. The tower is roughly square, but with only eight units per floor. You don't get units with the unfortunate bowling alley configuration.

I agree that units on the west side may be a tougher sell, facing the subway. Trains are above ground, and there seems to be a lot of clackety-clack as they cross the switches to the Davisville yard.

Having said that, the location has a lot of pluses. Hard to find a spot with "guaranteed" major greenspace right next door. If you face south, you'll never have to worry about your view being blocked. Speaking of NYC, would it be too much of a stretch to compare this to the towers along Fifth Avenue, looking over Central Park?

Last edited:
Scaled Model

Picturesque southwest view of MYC (Merton Yonge Condominium) ~ that was one colddddd sales office :p

IMG_3469-1.jpg

Back