Toronto Motion On Bay Street | ?m | 29s | Concert | IBI Group

I just noticed a sign in their window today, saying that a Longo's supermarket is moving into the base of the condo. It looks like it will take up the whole first floor. It will be nice to have a new supermarket 2 blocks from Dundas Square.

I just noticed a sign in their window today, saying that a Longo's supermarket is moving into the base of the condo. It looks like it will take up the whole first floor. It will be nice to have a new supermarket 2 blocks from Dundas Square.

Longos may have worked better in say, the base of Murano where there is such a high density of people living nearby.

Longos may have worked better in say, the base of Murano where there is such a high density of people living nearby.

Collage Park, which is one block away from Murano, has a Metro grocery. South of Collage, none exists until you get down to Front St. (near the Yonge corridor) I think it's more needed near Dundas, where there are large numbers of people walking around, as well as students, just across the street. I think it will be quite busy. It seems like Long's is really trying to make an impact on the downtown core with new stores on Bloor, in Maple Leaf Square and the City Hall condo.

Collage Park, which is one block away from Murano, has a Metro grocery. South of Collage, none exists until you get down to Front St. (near the Yonge corridor) I think it's more needed near Dundas, where there are large numbers of people walking around, as well as students, just across the street. I think it will be quite busy. It seems like Long's is really trying to make an impact on the downtown core with new stores on Bloor, in Maple Leaf Square and the City Hall condo.

Fair enough, good points.

This is a good site for a grocery store... And the site may be more suitable for rentals given the daily ins and outs of coach buses.

The College Park Metro is packed at lunch hour with office workers buying lunch. I think that will be the same here, as there is a huge daytime population in the area.

It's pretty packed @ night too btw.

Found this on a wind engineering firm's website.

TWOCITYHALL.jpg

they took advantage nicely .

B.C-based Concert Properties plans five residential rental buildings for Toronto

Podmore said the company recently bought a very large site just north of City Hall. The original asking price, he said, was $34 million. Concert got the property for $17.5 million.

http://dcnonl.com/article/id33303

wow!! that's a steal.

I'm wondering, where do builders/developers advertise their properties for sale (mls?) allowing Concert to make the purchase? Or did Concert went up to Diamente/property owner and said "we want your property, give us a number"?

wow!! that's a steal.

I'm wondering, where do builders/developers advertise their properties for sale (mls?) allowing Concert to make the purchase? Or did Concert went up to Diamente/property owner and said "we want your property, give us a number"?

They are listed on MLS ... I noticed several properties being listed such as BJL's Leslieville lofts site, and 2 sites next to Bohemian Embassy; and another Baywood site in North York.

Getting $0.50 on the $1 should be a wake up call to the above developers and others.

Last edited:
Getting $0.50 on the $1 should be a wake up call to the above developers and others.

It does not necessarily mean because of the present economic times that land downtown is worth half of what it was in the high times. Diamente has held on this property for the past 5 years and most likely did not purchase it for much more than the 17.5 mil, actually they probably came up ahead considering they have already built on part of that space. I just wouldnt hold my breath thinking that we will all be seeing $0.50 on the $1 real estate in the city of Toronto.

Back