Toronto Monde | 149.95m | 44s | Great Gulf | Moshe Safdie

27437702221_593fa84f3c_h.jpg

It almost has a slight L Toweresque (the original boot design) suppleness to it where the tower meets the base.

Heading ever skyward. Not that far from grade in some views...especially in last pic with workers. Taken today.

Facing southeastwards towards new Aquavista crane.

Monde1.jpg

Northeast view...

Monde2.jpg

North side work...

Monde3.jpg

Attachments

• Monde1.jpg
    Monde1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,319
  • Monde2.jpg
    Monde2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,300
  • Monde3.jpg
    Monde3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,289
Last edited:
July 11th:
sAMDNZM.jpg

this shot illustrates one of the concerns I have about this area being successful in the future... Queen's Quay along here is basically a 6 lane highway plus you have the bike path along the south side. there's just too much open space and it is more of a thoroughfare than a neighbourhood.

this shot illustrates one of the concerns I have about this area being successful in the future... Queen's Quay along here is basically a 6 lane highway plus you have the bike path along the south side. there's just too much open space and it is more of a thoroughfare than a neighbourhood.

I agree. The area feels desolate because there is too much open space. Big buildings alone wont make this area urban. I have the same concern for the West Donlands. I'll withhold judgement until both areas are more built out, but they are shaping up to be cold and uninviting.

Yes, but you do not seem to realise that Queen's Quay east of Yonge will be 'fixed up' to match QQ west of Yonge. The underground work is mostly already done and the LRT track is 'preserved' on south side. It is a bit of a mess now but it's a construction site - it will be MUCH better when the Lower Yonge Precinct stuff happens from Yonge to Lower Jarvis and more of the buidings on QQ from Jarvis to Parliament are built. The next likely project will be something to replace the Fed Ex block - Fed Ex are already building a new complex on Commissioners Street. See: http://www.waterfrontoronto.ca/explore_projects2/east_bayfront/queens_quay

Said it before, will say it again: to me it all comes down to the LRT being built here. If it comes in, this area will be great. If it doesn't, I think it'll hobble along until it does. I just don't think that without it this area will ever feel properly connected to the city.

Back