Toronto Monde | 149.95m | 44s | Great Gulf | Moshe Safdie

Greenland Group bought the Fedex lands for a ridiculous pricetag. I bet they are planning some radical density there, though it is up for debate how open the city will be to it.

Greenland Group bought the Fedex lands for a ridiculous pricetag. I bet they are planning some radical density there, though it is up for debate how open the city will be to it.

Between what the city will wind up negotiating on 1-7 Yonge and whatever Menkes winds up being, we can bet the Greenlandlands will be tall. It's gonna be a pretty crazy drive westward from the West Donlands in 10-15 years compared to what it looks like today.

Between what the city will wind up negotiating on 1-7 Yonge and whatever Menkes winds up being, we can bet the Greenlandlands will be tall. It's gonna be a pretty crazy drive westward from the West Donlands in 10-15 years compared to what it looks like today.

Will it be good though? I couldn't give a damn if it is tall - we've got plenty of that here, but not so much of quality.

AoD

Will it be good though? I couldn't give a damn if it is tall - we've got plenty of that here, but not so much of quality.

AoD

For sure, and frankly, I don't have much faith in Menkes' ability/desire to deliver either or both of excellent architecture and a vibrant grade experience, nor do I think crazy Chinese money is much more likely to net us that. I suppose one could say the same of Pinnacle, too, though I'm somewhat encouraged by how active the city has been in discussions with them on 1-7.

As always, I'd love to be proven wrong on any of the above, but I think a heavy hand from Planning might be the only potential saving grace (and even at that I'm skeptical). The city/WT deserve credit for doing some nice work along the extreme south end of this section of the waterfront, but we have some shit, anti-urban architecture down there, too.

IMG_4675.JPG
IMG_4674.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4675.JPG
    IMG_4675.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_4674.JPG
    IMG_4674.JPG
    304.2 KB · Views: 339
Is it true that the podium and the main tower have separate foyers and entrances? And does anyone know how many elevators will they have?
Yes, there are two lobbies, one on each side of the ground level pass-through halfway through the building. The lobby on the south side will have two elevators which go to the podium levels. The larger lobby on the north side will have three elevators which will serve all floors in the tower and in the podium.

If I lived in the lower levels of the building, I'd use the 2 south elevators, only taking one of the 3 north ones to get to amenities atop the podium.

Nowhere near as tall as people are expecting

Last edited:
Crazy balconies developing on the tower portion.

IMG_4684.JPG
IMG_4685.JPG
IMG_4686.JPG
IMG_4688.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4684.JPG
    IMG_4684.JPG
    376.6 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_4685.JPG
    IMG_4685.JPG
    338.9 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_4686.JPG
    IMG_4686.JPG
    565 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_4688.JPG
    IMG_4688.JPG
    573.7 KB · Views: 350
The area really does feel radically different down there now with Monde and Aqualina creating an eastern edge to the Common. Give it another couple of years for things to open up at ground level and for people to have moved in, and the area will be totally transformed (and begging for an LRT).

Back