Mississauga Mississauga Transitway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

There's also zero possibility for walk-up passengers either. Tomken and Central Parkway aren't much better. The subdivisions to the south face away from the stations, with long walks.

It's also really poor planning to make the bus connections as difficult as they are at places like Central Parkway - it's a bit of a hike to the southbound buses, having to cross two legs of a T-intersection (and have to press the beg-button), and walk further because Mississauga put the bus stop in a bus bay meant to keep the buses out of the way of cars when stopped. The bus stops should have been under the busway, as close to the station entrances as possible.

Dixie is a bit better for this; the stations serving the Airport Corporate Centre don't do a bad job. Hopefully bus connections at Renforth Gateway are as seamless as possible.

I have my fingers crossed that someone will decide that Cawthra would be better used as a parts bin for other stations than a station in itself. Better to board it up than to keep forcing all the GO buses to slow to 50 km/h and the MiWay buses to slow to a rolling stop.

I have my fingers crossed that someone will decide that Cawthra would be better used as a parts bin for other stations than a station in itself. Better to board it up than to keep forcing all the GO buses to slow to 50 km/h and the MiWay buses to slow to a rolling stop.
If the plan remains as is for 2018, Route 8 will service Cawthra and Port Credit GO by the way of the Lakeshore with rest of the current route eliminated 100%. Route 14 will pickup Mineola Route 8 as part of its new route to Sherway by the way of Dixie Mall.

Those who use the current 8 to get south of Cawthra will have to do 2 to 3 transfer as well spending more time traveling. Route 53 is in place now for part of Route 8 being cut on Mississauga Valley. Route 3 will pickup the slack for part of 8 with nothing replacing the rest of it.

The seniors Citizen and accessibly riders that normal wait at Elm & the Valley stop to get to/from Sq One will have to use the 3/53 stop to the south to Get to Sq One.

I said in 2004 EA report that this station was totally useless unless you have a true north/south route running from Derry to the Lakeshore and even then it will see next to no riders. You can't walk the subdivision to the south of it, as there is no access at this time.

A number of times, the 100's don't slow down at all for Cawthra as well a few other stations. Why should GO have to slow down when it will not be stopping at this stop as well a number of others.

This is not a miWay system, but a GO Transit with Mississauga having to eat almost double the cost compare to what this thing was to cost, even after the gutting of the line.

Sept 2
I took the long route home as I want to see where the Renforth station stand, since it was supposed to be in service yesterday and I knew it wouldn't be.

Going out on the limb and say you will not see it until 2018 from what I was seeing. Some improvement over my last visit, but not enough to see service this year from my point of view.

Elevators being install; civil work being done in front of the entrance; bus layover bays on the surface pave, but a lot of missing sidewalk; glazing for the terminal overhang for the shelter area will be complete this week; lots of flashing to be install as well railing.

Some big bucks going into this station exterior as high class stone work being place at various location and looks like the whole south wall of the station is to get this treatment. Even parts of of the wall in the station area is seeing this treatment, but hard to say how much.

Odd seeing GO buses on the eastern section that has a sign post at the Renforth area saying which 2 routes stop at MT stops there. One rider got pickup going west by GO.

I ended up taking the 107 to Sq One and only 2 riders got off for that trip at Dixie without a sole to be seen at any station for pickup.

Will post photos this week since they are at the rear and shot more photos than I thought for the day.
36891613961_488191dba8_b.jpg

36635968620_96cf670ef7_b.jpg

Last edited:
Quick, someone pinch me as I am either dreaming or seeing things for Cawthra Station today.

Heading to Dixie to take a camera in for service, past Cawthra Station and had to do a tipple take as well count cars. I counted 12, 12 cars sitting in the station parking lot empty and no one around. Have never seen this many cars in a week let alone 3 being the max at any given time.

Then Dixie only had one car in its lot. What happen to have this many cars at Cawthra considering GO doesn't stop there at all???

Even though I'm from Mississauga these stations strike me as overbuilt. On the other hand, the Eglinton Croststown stops are underbuilt....why can't we have a happy medium?
Agree, I also wonder why they couldn't build a single station (for the larger stops) in the middle, rather than two on each side of the roadway. Save on costs, construction time and maintenance.

Back