Mississauga Mississauga Transitway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

Probably really useful for Google Transit or directions from Google Maps, if you find you've arrived there, and need to figure out what to do next.

Probably really useful for Google Transit or directions from Google Maps, if you find you've arrived there, and need to figure out what to do next.
You can type in the station name and Google will show the location at high level. If you enlarge the area, you will see the 2 entrance.

What is odd, the 2 new stations don't have the same street number, considering they are the same distance from Eglinton and Eglinton is straight in this area.

If I wanted to ride the Transitway one day and get on and off and take pictures at the various stations, what's my best fare option? I don't want to be dinged a bunch of times on my Presto. Does MiWay have a day pass or anything of that sort?

Miway has a two-hour transfer. Hop on and off as much as you like within those two hours. If you're over that time, you are simply dinged another fare, and then you have two hours from that point.

I think @drum118 has been saying May 1 for a while for the next two stations....but this officially officializes it I guess

http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/cityhall/pressreleases?paf_gear_id=9700020&itemId=7400068q&returnUrl=/portal/cityhall/pressreleases
Yes its official and can't see any reasons why the stations can't open on May 1.

It would be nice to tell the riders how they will catch the buses at Skymark and not do the surprise surprise route change like they do.

Don't know if any info has been given to the riders on this route change since I haven't been at the terminal the last 2 weeks nor on the express buses.

May 17
Looking at Renforth Station today with 3 months to go, I have my doubt that it will open Sept 3. Looking at the off/on ramps for Eglinton is saying the same thing. The final section of Eglinton bridge is pour as well Renforth. Working on rail wall on both both bridges. Talking with someone with the contractor, they said the ramps will be completed before the station.

As it stands, the concrete for the buses layover is pour and getting ready to finish off the loop area and should be 100% concrete pour by June. A lot of the driveways are ready for the based coat of asphalt and that could happen in June or July.

Some of the roof deck for the cover platform is in place as well on the entrance. Colour glazing has been install on the west end, but not most of it.

The bus layover bays area is about 90% complete with sidewalk and looks like 3 shelter to be place there. This is odd since everyone is suppose to use the Transit Terminal with TTC approving the route changes and fees at TTC Thursday meeting.

End of June will be more a tell tail if Sept 3 will happen.

Photos will follow once I get the back log done.

So how are buses getting in and out of the transitway now? Off of Commerce?
There are ramps on both side of Commerce with the west ramp being use buses to/from the Transitway. When a bus goes down the west ramp, it has a choice at the bottom to go east or west, but only allow to go west.

There are also ramps on both sides of Renforth as well. All southbound buses coming from the north on Renforth will turn off Renforth onto the ramp to get to the Terminal. They will bypass the layover for buses.

TTC new routing and fees are on TTC agenda for approval at tomorrow meeting. There is a map to show the new routing.

TTC new routing and fees are on TTC agenda for approval at tomorrow meeting. There is a map to show the new routing.

From the report.

5LOBLTc.png

If I understand the TTC map it means everyone who gets of the bus at Skymark & Explorer today will have an extra 10 minute walk to get to their suburban office.

If I understand the TTC map it means everyone who gets of the bus at Skymark & Explorer today will have an extra 10 minute walk to get to their suburban office.
You can't be serious, it doesn't take 10 minutes to walk less than 500 meters with no signal delay.

June 25
Would be surprise to see Renforth Gateway open before Nov.

They are getting ready to form the driveway for the station so concrete can be pour for it. The floor is form and waiting concrete for the main entrance that is far from completion and no elevators install yet.

Most of the curves for the driveway have been pour as well the layover bays area.

Have yet to build the off ramp from Eglinton westbound with most of the eastbound built.

Lots of work to be done in 8 weeks to meet the Sept opening date and don't see it happening at all.

Back