Mississauga Mississauga Transitway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

ok....i was replying to the guy who said "north of Cawthra station"

sorry about that but yeah theres available land north of the hydro corridor between cawthra and tomken , and south side of eastgate between cawthra and tomken it should be used whether as employment land or residential

sorry, which land are we talking about now?

The lands to the north are what I was describing here http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/thread...x-stevens-ibi-group.2960/page-83#post-1202726

south i only see a very narrow strip of land.

If there was land around this station ideal for condo development....I think some developer would have come forward with a proposal by now. There may be a reason why the entire area is dominated by single story buildings.

sorry, which land are we talking about now?

The lands to the north are what I was describing here http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/thread...x-stevens-ibi-group.2960/page-83#post-1202726

south i only see a very narrow strip of land.

If there was land around this station ideal for condo development....I think some developer would have come forward with a proposal by now. There may be a reason why the entire area is dominated by single story buildings.

the small strip to the south is large enough for condo development between cawthra and tomken, the problem is that the land is not ideally zoned so they gotta change that. there may be another issue that i'm unaware of. but as far as i can see, the land is large enough and adjacent to rapid transit.

the small strip to the south is large enough for condo development between cawthra and tomken, the problem is that the land is not ideally zoned so they gotta change that. there may be another issue that i'm unaware of. but as far as i can see, the land is large enough and adjacent to rapid transit.

it's roughly 8 acres....way longer than deep...landlocked and with possible (likely?) stringent height restrictions.....not sure how appealing it would be for a condo developer...but time will tell, I guess. (ie. I doubt zoning is what is deterring development....if a developer saw a real opportunity to build condos here the need to rezone the lands would likely not deter them from trying).

it's roughly 8 acres....way longer than deep...landlocked and with possible (likely?) stringent height restrictions.....not sure how appealing it would be for a condo developer...but time will tell, I guess. (ie. I doubt zoning is what is deterring development....if a developer saw a real opportunity to build condos here the need to rezone the lands would likely not deter them from trying).

yeah for sure i just see it as a missed opportunity even 1 or 2 buildings accross the street from the station would suffice really

yeah for sure i just see it as a missed opportunity even 1 or 2 buildings accross the street from the station would suffice really
how many units in those 1 or 2 buildings.....you may not have an economical plan....that might be why the opportunity is missed.

We have updated our dataBase to reflect that Stevens Group Architects / IBI Group Architects has been folded into IBI Group. Though this project originally involved Stevens Group Architects / IBI Group Architects, the dataBase file now shows IBI Group.

Had a look a the next 2 station to come on line in May on Friday, and almost ready now.

Its either something I miss following this project or something new, but each entrance has a different address. I also noticed this on a few others that I past on my way home and need to check some of my photos if I have miss this in the past.

The one thing I don't know at this time is where the riders will connect to/from TTC and other MT routes, other than the platforms on the ramp to/from the Transitway. If its the platforms on the ramp, riders will have to walk a block to do the transferring. I was told last fall it was to be the ramp.

Other than the roof on the Renforth entrance, don't see any thing new for the station with 4.5 months to go for opening day. Didn't check to see where they were on the one ramp to Eglinton as it still has to be dug with retaining walls for it.

I expect to see a later date for opening this Hub than plan at this time.

The one thing I don't know at this time is where the riders will connect to/from TTC and other MT routes, other than the platforms on the ramp to/from the Transitway. If its the platforms on the ramp, riders will have to walk a block to do the transferring. I was told last fall it was to be the ramp.

Wouldn't they just continue using Skymark Hub?

Wouldn't they just continue using Skymark Hub?
NO on Skymark itself.

Since the express buses will be going north-south on Commerce Blvd only to gain access to/from the Transitway, there is no stop platforms for them at Skymark at this time. There is a north layover bay partly built on Commerce Blvd, but no sidewalk to it or the new Hub at this time.

April 07
More up on site
Spectrum Station Under Construction
33599508520_eb880bd378_b.jpg

33827270292_23ba9e9c52_b.jpg

33943240316_26192eb2ed_b.jpg

33943237316_443018113a_b.jpg

33984712165_78201c4106_b.jpg

Orbitor Station Under Construction
33854888311_6cdf55e59d_b.jpg

33599564950_420583beed_b.jpg

33171817423_cbc05b7792_b.jpg

33171817423_cbc05b7792_b.jpg

Renforth Station And Terminal Under Construction
33984065825_e1ac86e39c_b.jpg

33942684116_a152b3b76f_b.jpg

33942694446_a52ed0344e_b.jpg

33598905690_2327781baf_b.jpg

33598927850_1af1d1d098_b.jpg

33140455894_7602c7851f_b.jpg

Just inform that there will be stops on Commerce at Skymark and there is a plan showing the layout of them.

Haven't check the area out, I am assuming pads have been built for them, especially the northbound since there is no sidewalk there now.

Just inform that there will be stops on Commerce at Skymark and there is a plan showing the layout of them.

Haven't check the area out, I am assuming pads have been built for them, especially the northbound since there is no sidewalk there now.

Update: There is a sideway on the east side north of Skymark and forgot about it. Asphalt has been place between the sidewalk and curb for at least 3 buses north of Skymark. Nothing so far for the southbound stop.

Back