Mississauga Mississauga Transitway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

Does anyone know which GO bus routes will use the Transitway east of Square One?

There might be some time savings by not using the 403 and the 401, but not much.
Also, after Renforth Station at the east end there is no easy way to get on to the 401 eastbound or the 427 northbound.
I'm thinking specifically about Routes 19 and 40.

Route 40 could use Renforth Drive and Silver Dart Drive after leaving Renforth Gateway, but it's a bit slower than entering the airport via 401 and 427.

Route 19 could follow the same route to Renforth and Carlingview, and then take those ramps back to the 401. Except in the worst afternoon peak, the current 403/401 route would still be faster than via the Transitway. But it would provide new employment connections at Renforth.

GO is planning on a new route that will service Dixie, Renforth, Kipling and Union.
So if I understand, GO is planning to launch a bus where most of its stops mirror local bus services......and the part that doesn't is just an express bus between Kipling and Union? Would this bus somehow be faster or more frequent or more reliable than the (albeit not express) subway that currently connects Kipling and Union?

So if I understand, GO is planning to launch a bus where most of its stops mirror local bus services......and the part that doesn't is just an express bus between Kipling and Union? Would this bus somehow be faster or more frequent or more reliable than the (albeit not express) subway that currently connects Kipling and Union?

well it would probably use the gardiner east of kipling and it would skip stops along the transitway i think its great

The route on the Transitway would be express as well other routes with only Dixie and Renforth as schedule stops. The new route would travel to Kipling and then use Kipling to get to/from the Gardiner to get to/from Union. It still in planning stage since Kipling will not open until 2019/20. As where it will start and end is up in the air, but you could see Milton being that point or Winston Churchill.

The route on the Transitway would be express as well other routes with only Dixie and Renforth as schedule stops. The new route would travel to Kipling and then use Kipling to get to/from the Gardiner to get to/from Union. It still in planning stage since Kipling will not open until 2019/20. As where it will start and end is up in the air, but you could see Milton being that point or Winston Churchill.
My only point/question is that it is highly unlikely that a bus using Kipling to get from Dundas to the Gardiner to then get to Milton is not likely to be regularly faster getting to Union than the subway.....and since the subway is already there providing more frequent and, likely, faster/more predictable service between Kipling and Union....why would we spend time and money creating a competing service that is not going to be as good?

My only point/question is that it is highly unlikely that a bus using Kipling to get from Dundas to the Gardiner to then get to Milton is not likely to be regularly faster getting to Union than the subway.....and since the subway is already there providing more frequent and, likely, faster/more predictable service between Kipling and Union....why would we spend time and money creating a competing service that is not going to be as good?

Right now...with no "red" sections of road traffic (how often do you see that?) google is reporting that route is 23 minutes by road .....rush hour it says it is up to 45 minutes.

GO is planning on a new route that will service Dixie, Renforth, Kipling and Union.

There is supposed to other route changes and will be known closer to the opening of Renforth
Huh? Metrolinx is considering an option that could actually benefit Torontonians? I think this is too good to be true.

You would be surprised, during rush hour it often takes at least 50 mins to get to Kipling to Union by subway. This is *if* you dont have to wait for a couple trains to pass you by since they're packed to capacity. If you also take into account the incessant delays the TTC has on the subway system seemingly every hour of the day it could be upwards of 1 hour 15 mins to 1 hour 30 mins.

Even with all of the traffic on the Gardiner, a Kipling to Union commute would probably take the same amount of time with either method of commute during the rush hour. Outside of the rush hour, GO bus service would be the quicker option by roughly ~10-15 mins.

Source? None of my contacts at head office or the commuter central have heard of any such plan.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
LOL_____________Why are 4 GO Bus bays plan for Kipling??

The idea goes back to the day the Kipling Terminal was proposed.

During all the EA & Open Houses for the Transitway, GO & ML stated GO Buses would operate on it and as I stated. I am saying a new Route as I haven't a clue what other existing route would use this route since GO Bus Lines and service not my cup of Tea.

Even MT has stated GO was going to run a route as I noted.

With all the changes taking place at ML, I am down to one contact, since I haven't bought to replace others that are no longer there.

I will leave it to you to tell use what GO is planing on doing, as well with the 4 bus bays at Kipling.

I am guessing west of Sq One.

LOL_____________Why are 4 GO Bus bays plan for Kipling??

The idea goes back to the day the Kipling Terminal was proposed.

During all the EA & Open Houses for the Transitway, GO & ML stated GO Buses would operate on it and as I stated. I am saying a new Route as I haven't a clue what other existing route would use this route since GO Bus Lines and service not my cup of Tea.

Even MT has stated GO was going to run a route as I noted.

With all the changes taking place at ML, I am down to one contact, since I haven't bought to replace others that are no longer there.

I will leave it to you to tell use what GO is planing on doing, as well with the 4 bus bays at Kipling.

I am guessing west of Sq One.

GO has always said that it will run on the transitway, and into Kipling Station. And in the case of the route 21 buses, both.

But a local service starting from Union, as you suggested? No one's heard of such a thing.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I'd be curious to see the ridership at the MiWay Transitway stations. Most of them near the 403 are in the middle of nowhere and seem like a collossal waste of scarce transit money to build such large terminals for what will be low ridership. A basic bus stop with a shelter, and a level crossing of the transitway would have been more than sufficient.

I think the Mississauga Transitway is more of a through way for the express buses than a new transit project to serve the surrounding neighbourhoods, and to that extent it's pretty successful because journeys on 109 and 107 are somewhat faster now.

Last edited:
the
I think the Mississauga Transitway is more of a through way for the express buses than a new transit project to serve the surrounding neighbourhoods, and to that extent it's pretty successful because journeys on 109 and 107 are somewhat faster now.
they are alot faster now but i think that they gotta zone the southern portion of eastgate parkway as mixed use high density because that's wasted land atm and it's so close to rapid transit. literally noone uses cawthra stn at the moment so they gotta at least encourage use of the stations by zoning properly (im aware of the hydro corridor but there is still some land left near the stations not occupied by the corridor).

they are alot faster now but i think that they gotta zone the southern portion of eastgate parkway as mixed use high density because that's wasted land atm and it's so close to rapid transit. literally noone uses cawthra stn at the moment so they gotta at least encourage use of the stations by zoning properly (im aware of the hydro corridor but there is still some land left near the stations not occupied by the corridor).

You're right, they should definitely do something about that area now that it's right next to rapid transit. The block of unused land to the north of Cawthra station seems like a great place to build a bunch of condos.

^yep, when I think of the perfect place to build condos I usually come up with some combination of highway ramps with no street access.....industrial neighbours and being virtually adjacent to major international airports....the BRT is really just a bonus :)

^yep, when I think of the perfect place to build condos I usually come up with some combination of highway ramps with no street access.....industrial neighbours and being virtually adjacent to major international airports....the BRT is really just a bonus :)

i was talking about the south side of eastgate at cawthra, north of the brt is hydro corridor but south is unused.

Back