Toronto Mirabella Condominiums | 120m | 38s | Mirabella Dev Corp | Scott Shields

What's with that stretch of Lake Shore anyways? It seems to have acquired bad design sense from that horrid Etobicoke motel strip cluster, which is quite frankly one of the worst mistakes on the Warerfront (par Harbour Square). Quite frankly it should be under the purview of WT DRP.

AoD

Last edited:
It certainly has a World Klass vibe to it doesn't it? You know when G+C get to the all glass wraparound balcony look that that trend is passé. The "cheesy" angles on the podium do remind me of that other great "World Klass" knockoff, Couture by the same firm!

You see folks, the difference between aA and G+C etc is both in the details and the design trends.

funny, because the towers looks just like the oh so beloved casa. let the (rightful) bashing of this project begin, while people continue to oogle at casa 3.

innsertnamehere:

While I am not a fan of Casa 3 (think filler), the fact that one can tell this project isn't aA is quite telling, I would think.

AoD

You can tell, I agree. But to me it's only the base that throws it off. If you look purely at the towers, it is a casa clone.

Graziani + Corazza do appear to be laggards when it comes to design motifs. Also won't be the first time an emulation was made based on Casa's success. Considering their track record of attention to cladding details, G+C's rendition will likely end up looking like this.

Graziani + Corazza do appear to be laggards when it comes to design motifs. Also won't be the first time an emulation was made based on Casa's success. Considering their track record of attention to cladding details, G+C's rendition will likely end up looking like this.

Pulse was actually quite decent for its time. Still one of the best designs in the neighbourhood, which isn't saying much.

Pulse's towers receive a "meh" at best. The base is even worse. It is rather banal and uninspiring. I would advocate for some artists to grab some paint and go to work - it's already primed!

Pulse is decent, but the podium is generic to the point of being uninspiring, like that of the Park Lake Residences next door to this site. In terms of this development, you can't just keep copying and pasting Casa. We need originality.

from all accounts...this is a preliminary concept rendering. I won't spend too much time critiquing the design until it is more clear what is going on. I'm viewing this as more of a place holder to have a planning/approvals conversation. I'd imagine carttera will team up with a developer that will have their own influences on the final design.

Development proposal notification:

IMG-20130402-WA0001.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20130402-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20130402-WA0001.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 798
The base is a copy of Couture, the tower looks like Casa or Karma and the crown copies Limelight. Not much original design thought in these towers is there???? Copy, cut, and past together. People complained about By The Sea but at least they were more original than this. Are architects with an original design sense that difficult to source in this city?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back