Toronto Mirabella Condominiums | 120m | 38s | Mirabella Dev Corp | Scott Shields

Since the former hotel on the site was reportedly doing well, I was thinking this proposal would have a hotel component. Guess not

Quite tall for the area. There's nothing nearly as tall in the Swansea portion of Lakeshore. I doubt this proposal will get approval at this height,

Quite tall for the area. There's nothing nearly as tall in the Swansea portion of Lakeshore. I doubt this proposal will get approval at this height,

I dont know, this site seems to be to far south, and out of touch with the Swansea Neigbourhood...anyways NXT-2 (35s/115 meters) and its neighbouring towers have set the precedent for taller buildings to this area
They may be asking for 48s/42s to get 38s/32s

Last edited:
I dont know, this site seems to be to far south, and out of touch with the Swansea Neigbourhood...anyways NXT-2 (35s/115 meters) and its neighbouring towers have set the precedent for taller buildings to this area
They may be asking for 48s/42s to get 38s/32s

Didn't Park Lake originally propose more floors and get denied?

I could see two 32-35s being placed here.

Since the former hotel on the site was reportedly doing well, I was thinking this proposal would have a hotel component. Guess not

Was it successful as a hotel? It may have been ok on an occupancy basis but was it making money (ie. did they fill rooms by being cheap). In the hotel business the key metric for "success" (other than just profit that is) is REVPAR. It is really not that hard to fill a hotel but if you are not making money whats the point.

I don't know who owned the hotel (pretty sure it was not Starwood) but if they were operating at a high occupancy at satisfactory rates then your surprise might be warranted.....I suspect, though, given its location its occupancy was likely driven by cheap rates and would expect they had a pretty low REVPAR.

Very Casa-ish. I think it suits the area very well though!

You saw it here first :eek:

Please ask permission prior to posting this somewhere else.

1926LS_Exterior_View 1.jpg

Attachments

• 1926LS_Exterior_View 1.jpg
    1926LS_Exterior_View 1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 882
Carterra has a relationship with aA and it does look sort of like U Condos meets Casa 1. The base has a bit of cheese to it which makes me wonder if it's from an "inferior" architecture firm?

Or it could be a small hotel in the podium with architecture flourishes favoured by that brand?

I'd love to see it in context with the actual location. It's not as if people don't know that it backs onto the Gardiner and Lakeshore West line.

Back