Toronto Mirabella Condominiums | 120m | 38s | Mirabella Dev Corp | Scott Shields

I remember hearing something about the ground being contaminated a while back -- don't know if this has anything to do with it.

The now developed site to the north certainly was - it used to be the Stelco Swansea Works. Not sure how they managed it without above ground parking while this couldn't. Maybe more a watertable issue?

AoD

I'm not against a podium height similar to Park Lake's to the immediate east, but higher than that means that a ton of Gardiner noise will be reflected into the Swansea neighbourhood to the north. That's all besides the point of the visual weight of this. Park Lake is already dreary enough to drive past, and this plan will compound that feeling significantly.

Wow!! The updated version is way better than the past rendering. Love the podium real solid looking!

Update:
Set to add another pair of high-rise towers across the Humber River from Etobicoke's growing Humber Bay Shores area, Diamante Development' Mirabella Condominiums is continuing to move through the City of Toronto's planning process. Following a previous high-rise plan for the site by Carttera Private Equities, Diamante's proposal came on line in late 2016, with a subsequent series of revisions advancing a project now being reviewed by City Planning.

Yup, and there will be more next door to the west

1978-2002 LAKE SHORE BOULEVARD WEST

SITE INTRODUCTION
This property is one of the last undeveloped sites along Lake Shore Boulevard West with unobstructed lake views. The City of Toronto recieved title to this land in 1995 as part of a transfer of lands from the Toronto Harbour Commissioners. Historically, it housed an oil and gas station that was relocated in 2007. As a vacant parcel of land, it was declared underutilized for transfer to Build Toronto. We are currently preparing the site for development so that a new gateway to the waterfront can be established. The site offers a maximum permissible height of 65 metres.

DETAILS
Major Intersection: Lake Shore Boulevard West and Windemere Avenue
Surrounding Uses: Gardiner Expressway and rail corridor to the north; a mix of high-density residential to the east; Lake Ontario, parks and recreation trails to the south; and green space and the Humber River to the west.
Ward: 13 - Parkdale-High Park
Councillor: Sarah Doucette
Site Area (acres): 1.47
Current Use: Vacant
Proposed Use: Residential
Official Plan - Land Use Designation: Mixed-Use Area
Opportunity: For Sale
http://buildtoronto.ca/project/1978-2002-lake-shore-boulevard-west/

Updated render from the Dev App site (note the curved balconies):
upload_2017-7-14_17-54-53.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-14_17-54-53.png
    upload_2017-7-14_17-54-53.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 589
Depending on the materials that would be used to construct these towers, this would be a very nice relief from the blue and green glass boxes that litter Lake Shore right now.

The design sort of reminds me of RoCP ... which I personally like

I don't think anyone is interested in this. Disgusted, maybe.

What is with the massive floorplates on this? this thing is going to be hulkingly massive sitting right on the lake with that oversized parking podium and the 1000sm floorplates.

Back