Toronto Minto Midtown | 160.01m | 52s | Minto Group | Zeidler

Re: Minto Midtown

What are the heights again? I know this has been mentioned like 40 times already. I went by a few weeks ago and had a look at the limestone- it looks pretty good (reminiscent of Canada Life Tower on Queen) and I was actually shocked at first that they were using stone and not precast concrete.

p5

The quality of this building is really looking impressive.

Today I was downtown on the 10th floor of a building in the King Spadina area and you could see the Minto Rising on the northern horizon...

This one is 52 storeys I believe?

This is the south tower: 37 floors, the north tower is 52 floors.
Info is on page one of this thread

wow I think it's looking great! but really.. the SHADOWS PPL!! and the tomatoes ..

people need to grow up! I love this building

Went home the other day via the Bloor-Danforth subway... you can see it when the train goes over the Bloor Viaduct... almost as tall as the Yonge-Eglinton Centre now. :)

Looks nice. Doesn't look any better than the current crop of CityPlace buildings though... does it?

^ The podium looks far better than anything at Cityplace, as well as the materials, retail ceiling heights and little public square. I think this project will really stand out in how it interacts with the city at the street level. Too bad more residential projects on major avenues don't take the street as seriously as this project.

And the cladding looks like it is of a higher standard (free of rivits and bolts, both of which appear to be rusting and/or staining already on the Cityplace facades).

I think this is distinctly nicer than anything at Cityplace: it fits nicely into its surroundings, the quality of the materials is appreciably better, and the slanted windows create a very strong and interesting visual impression.

MM is definitely high quality than the Cityplace buildings. Minto is putting a great effort into finishing the details of the building (stone for the podium, windows, balconies, etc.). I believe that these buildings will actually look better than RoCP when complete considering the difference of the podiums and depending on how the top turns out.

Here's a close-up of the cladding showing the finsihed details:

dsc02308tz8.jpg

The slanted balconies also make a great effect:

dsc02309fs9.jpg

dsc02310sk2.jpg

Thanks Mystery Man TO.

I think they (Minto) seem to be wanting to set an example of quality and I have to agree that with closer inspection of the building, it far surpasses any of CP's buildings- think about it.

Cityplace is constructing two, three, sometimes four towers at a time and at a rapid pace, so they can get started on the next ones- materials are expensive and have to be manufactured rapidly, but the rate at which the large amount has to be finished, probably leaves very little room for higher quality facade treatment finishings. I don't see the CP towers aging too well, but with so much cheap cladding these days, and so many buildings using it CP is definitely not at all alone.

p5

I do think minto is doing a great job. Its a shame about the balconies though. Do buildings usually clad the balconies? Looks a bit odd having that nice cladding on the other parts of the building and not continuing it onto the balconies.

Love the stone though on the base. Streetwise this building has done this perfect.

March 5, 2007

411716007_0d77e9b019_b.jpg

411716104_2ca6b9f782_b.jpg

Big brother is rising...

411716213_633d22d188_b.jpg

411716354_24b6651b92_b.jpg

411716820_8d0ee7e2df_b.jpg

411716638_02396ce9c3_b.jpg

411716986_489b9b74dc_b.jpg

Great pics. Any closeups of the south tower's Yonge Street podium?

Looking good so far, certainly a cut above Cityplace condos.

Back