Toronto The Metropolitan | 113.99m | 37s | Lancer Developments

the way spire turned out makes me fell that a taller tower would do wonders in this location

Yah, I'd have to come out against this too. I'm surprised it is seriously being considered too.

An eccentric jumble of none-too-bright ecclesiastical offices or whatever
I like these too. Not sure what they could be turned into to be honest, but there's got to be some money-making use for them. Some high-end restaurants? A bookstore? I know, not likely to make much of a return for the Church, but I'd still hate to see these things come down.

Nice one! They could call it The Keg Rectory or something.

the way spire turned out makes me fell that a taller tower would do wonders in this location

taller? In Toronto? surely you jest!
Seriously, it's true - a point tower would be so much better here, if anything.

By the way: doesn't the second of those (ugly-ass) plans kind of look like Philip Johnson's PPG Place in Pittsburgh?

ppgleftoftowersm.jpg

Imagine it in precast...

Yes, they did that kind of stuff in precast (or clad in limestone, or whatever) a lot in the 60s. Usually associated with the oeuvre of Edward Durell Stone or Minoru Yamasaki. Sometimes, a Massey College might come along to transcend the genre; but all too unoften...

I think a revival of Philip Johnson's Gothic Revival Revival style for this site would be spot on.

Well, long time no news on this development...

until this popped up in my in box just now:

This development has just been assigned various addresses on Bond and Shuter Streets:

25 Bond will be an underground parking garage
51 Bond will be the relocated parsonage
55 Bond will be the residential entrance for a mixed-use building

53 Shuter will be the commercial entrance for a mixed-use building

So, it's not much - just a few crumbs to throw your way.

I already have... since you are a moderator mandated to audit this entire site and intervene when called for (or you feel like it), I would have assumed that you were well aware of my plan which has a dedicated thread.

Don't give up your day job because I doubt this kind of sloppiness will be tolerated by "The Ed".

Just a heads up.

Ya, still wating on those renders 3D - all you have there is a massing survey. I asked for you to post them close to a month ago...

Back